X Touch Flagship

Steve Ridlon

Dec 16, 2016, 9:59:15 PM12/16/16
to MIDI2LR
Hello all,
This is a brilliant project going here!

Just wanted to see if anyone has started a profile for the full size X touch.

I've downloaded software and was able to get my X touch to connect (USB), assign faders and and buttons. and fader motors were working (both ways) However, the faders became lost in the .xml after saving.
Id love to hear some pointers on how to make the unit go a little further.

A few thing I love to see:
  • Values in written into the scribble strips
  • Colors matching functions in scribble strips
  • Page labels in the SMTPE display
Ill be donating after the next update! And if there is anything I can do to help please let me know!
-Steve

951Studios.com

Rory Jaffe

Dec 16, 2016, 10:36:09 PM12/16/16
to MIDI2LR
I don't think any of the current code contributors have an X Touch. So, to get these items:
  • Values in written into the scribble strips
  • Colors matching functions in scribble strips
  • Page labels in the SMTPE display
We'll need someone with the X Touch to document what messages have to be sent back to it, and to help write the code to send the messages back (and debug the code). I suspect the main changes would be in the App, which is written in C++14.

Steve Ridlon

Jan 9, 2017, 9:59:32 PM1/9/17
to MIDI2LR
(RE: ver 1.6.1.0)

Hello, I've been testing current version/function on the X touch flagship. Here is are a few notes on what I've found.

When using MIDI2LR mapping software to program faders, all faders are suggested, programmable, and work with Lightroom accordingly. When saving the .xml all lines are written properly. However when loading a previoulsy saved .xml only the lines with channel and note (buttons) will load eg:

<setting command_string="ResetSaturationAdjustmentRed" channel="1" note="24"/>

and the lines with pitchbend and channel (faders) will not load eg:

<setting command_string="SaturationAdjustmentRed" pitchbend="1" channel="1"/>

The software also populates 2 midi commands when moving a fader, "pitch" and "note", do both need to br programmed? or should the "note" on the fader be unmapped?

With that being said, ALL buttons (notes) (including push button on the rotary encoders) on the X32 flagship are detectable, programmable, and work great! All faders show a range of 16 to 16380.

Currently the encoders read (large encoder wheel also):

1: CC16 [65] (counterclockwise) and [1] (clockwise)

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help (Photos, videos, files, feedback... really anything)

-Steve

Rory Jaffe

Jan 10, 2017, 8:20:17 PM1/10/17
to MIDI2LR
I'll track down the pitchbend control issue.

Your encoders that read 65 and 1 are running in relative value mode, sign and magnitude. I'm working on supporting that. See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/midi2lr/-ZaWlQp_AbE if you're interested in testing the beta out.

Could you describe more about the "pitch and note" issue. Which control on your x-touch--could you point it out in an illustration? Which channel number for the pitch, which channel and note number for the note?