Set "Saturation" to -100 with key press or better toggle "Saturation" between -100 and 0 with repeated key presses on same key

Gary Mitchell

May 16, 2017, 10:00:13 PM5/16/17
to MIDI2LR
 Hi everyone, first time post so "Hi" to everyone.

And a HUGE thanks to Rory for developing this fantastic program! What a help it is to productivity!

As per the title I would like to know if it is possible to set "Saturation" to -100 with key press or better toggle "Saturation" between -100 and 0 with repeated key presses on same key.

I have a BCF2000 and would like to assign one of the keys of the top row to achieve this functionality. If is not possible to toggle between the two states I can easily use an already allocation "Undo" key I have assigned.

Thanks in advance and thanks for being such a helpful community. You have all provided great insight and helped solved a lot of mysteries for me by searching and reading.

Cheers
Gary

Josh Johnson

May 17, 2017, 2:36:13 PM5/17/17
to MIDI2LR
There is a "ConvertToGrayscale" function that you can map to a button that accomplishes this. This is the same thing as clicking the "Black & White" button in the "Basic" development module.

Hopefully this helps!

Gary Mitchell

May 17, 2017, 3:57:59 PM5/17/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Josh and thanks. I actually already have a "ConvertToGrayscale" button set. The reason I would like a "Saturation" at -100 button is the resulting look is a little different to "ConvertToGrayscale" and I often like to see the difference. No biggie if it can't be achieved it's just something I do a lot and it would be convenient to push a button rather than turn a knob. First world problem I suppose!

Mathieu Carbou

May 17, 2017, 6:04:44 PM5/17/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi,

In this case, you'd better use the new All Saturation Adjustment mapping, that is a virtual command that control all saturation ajustement sliders at once.
It's better than using the global saturation slider because you have finer control over all colors.
It is not exactly a button like you want, but it has some other advantages.

Gary Mitchell

May 17, 2017, 6:31:04 PM5/17/17
to MIDI2LR
Thanks Mathieu, I'll have to start exploring all these features once I get more familiar/comfortable with the basic commands.

Cheers.