Pads require too much pressure to work

George

Feb 12, 2020, 5:25:30 PM2/12/20
to MIDI2LR
Hello everyone,

I seem to have a strange issue whith my midi controller. I have AKAI professional LPD8 laptop pad controller, which has 8 pads and 8 knobs. When setting up Midi2LR the pads are recognized with very light touch. However, when I go into lightroom, the commands are only recognized when I put a lot of pressure on the pads or "hit" them. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
George

Al

Feb 13, 2020, 3:18:43 AM2/13/20
to MIDI2LR
Hi George, put the LPD8 into CC mode(one of the 4 small buttons on the left side) and in Midi2lr right click on the LR command field and in the dialog box that pops-up set it to be absolute and the min 0 and max 4, that means even a light touch will trigger the command.

I would add all your buttons to Midi2lr and then use the "apply all" feature in dialog box to save time, only then add the encoder knobs and set them up.

George

Feb 13, 2020, 4:43:08 PM2/13/20
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the reply! Just a clarification on this: When I do that Midi2LR doesn't differentiate between PAD1 in CC mode and Knob 1. What this does effectivelly, is saying that I only have 8 knobs which, in turn, have only absolute values. Is there a way around this?

Thanks again,
George

Al

Feb 14, 2020, 5:36:01 AM2/14/20
to MIDI2LR
Just thought I'd post this here in case anyone else needs it:
There are a 127 cc values per channel so either change the pad's channel or use a cc number that is not used by another encoder or pad.
You have to download the LPD8 midi editor program from the Akai website to edit the 4 programs that contain the midi map of the controller, done!

George

Feb 14, 2020, 5:37:46 AM2/14/20
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for this! This absolutely solved the issue!

Tjeerd Paul Jacobs

Feb 14, 2020, 5:42:19 AM2/14/20
to MIDI2LR
Why don't you use midi note values for the pads? You dont need cc for pads in most cases.

Just a midi note value C3 C3# etc

Im sure you can map that on a Akai midi device

Then you also have more CC to use for encoders.

Al

Feb 14, 2020, 6:01:09 AM2/14/20
to MIDI2LR
Because Midi2lr does not allow you to edit the maximum value or even access the CC dialog box if you use midi note values on the pads, but if you know a different way then I'd be happy to hear it.
Also with 16 channels and 127 CC numbers per channel no one will be running out of CC numbers anytime soon when using Midi2lr