Toggle on/off Setting to automatic Load In Midi2LR by deafaul or stand alone app

Rui M Leal

Jan 9, 2018, 1:31:41 PM1/9/18
to MIDI2LR
Hello all,

Happy New Year.

I come here to ask if it would be possible to make Midi2LR with a toggle on/off option to select it has default opening or not while starting Lightroom, or even make it available permanently on the Mac system at startup as a stand alone version.

The reason I'm asking for this is simple, every year I tend to give my 100 backup drives a spin and also take the time to go into Lightroom catalogs, open them one by one and organize things up before remaking the backups.

So for the first time this caused me a pain because every time I needed to open up a Lightroom catalog I had Midi2LR popping up without even needing to use it, this became a little bit annoying, after popping up 20 drives, and since there is no option to disable it's start up automatically on every Lightroom catalog opening the only option was to uninstall it while doing this tedious operation. I know that maybe not all of you work the system like this but woudn't it be good to have this in case you need to not having started everytie you launch Lightroom?

I also noticed that after removing Midi2Lr from my Mac, in order to have this tasks completed faster, Lightroom opens much faster without having to wait for Midi2LR to pop up (this could have no influential meaning or maybe could) but the fact is that I noticed some start up speed slowing while using Midi2LR latest version 2.6.0.14 for Mac.

My request is quite simple:

To have a toggle on settings to enable it at Lightroom Start up or disable it if one doesn't want it to start up automatically all the time, I believe this is a simple and quick feature to add so others, in need, could enable/disable it as pleased.

For a long shot... would it be much difficult to port Midi2LR as a single app to have it running all the time on task bar with options also to have it opened by default on system start up or not (like for ex. Shuttle Pro app)?

Thank you, again, to all involved in this project, for their work and time spent, it's simply AMAZING to be able to control Lightroom with a midi controller.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jan 9, 2018, 3:50:10 PM1/9/18
to MIDI2LR
The solution is simple, in the plug-in manager you can disable MIDI2LR

Rui M Leal

Jan 9, 2018, 3:59:13 PM1/9/18
to Ernst Bokkelkamp, MIDI2LR
Thank you Ernst,

I've seen that option already the thing is if you disable it it no longer show in the Plugin options.

What I meant was to have it load like any other plugin but just not showing, but I guess it's almost the same thing.

Thanks anyway for the reply and suggestion