More buttons!

Andy M

Jul 10, 2019, 5:39:15 PM7/10/19
to MIDI2LR
've been using a Behringer X Touch Compact with Midi2LR for a while now and was getting fed up with forgetting which keystrokes I'd assigned to what buttons and I haven't gotten round to labelling yet!
Memory on what all the sliders and dials do is no problem, but the buttons...

So, after a little googling of programmable keyboards, I found a guy who'd made a 4 button keypad using an Arduino board.
I know jack about programming Arduino, so asked a work colleague to help with that and we came up with a fairly sweet solution using an Arduino Pro Micro

Up to 12 buttons can be assigned keystrokes or combos and so far my memory's holding-up on them
Total cost was somewhere in the region of £40

Buttons are very light action arcade switches https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/Sanwa-OBSF-30-Arcade-Button.html

It's relatively easy to reprogramme a button, take similar time as re-assigning a control on the Behringer.
Great thing is it's now recognised as a USB keyboard, plugging it into a Win10 PC it shows as an Arduino Leonardo and then just works - no extra apps or plugins needed

MK I

IMG_20190702_211604.jpg

BUTTONS.jpg

Александр и Марина Санти

Jul 11, 2019, 3:50:40 PM7/11/19
to MIDI2LR

P90329-122801.jpg

my homemade)))

Andy M

Jul 16, 2019, 5:05:31 PM7/16/19
to MIDI2LR
That looks great, is it Arduino powered also?

Александр и Марина Санти

Jul 25, 2019, 6:28:18 AM7/25/19
to MIDI2LR
yes, Arduino

Terry Hewitt

Jul 25, 2019, 4:09:08 PM7/25/19
to MIDI2LR
Would you be prepared to share the design diagrams and Arduino code?

Best wishes
Terry

Александр и Марина Санти

Jul 25, 2019, 4:42:58 PM7/25/19
to MIDI2LR
at the moment it is only a working prototype