issu with characters send by midi-controller

charly arthur

Aug 15, 2020, 12:32:36 PM8/15/20
to MIDI2LR
Hello,
I use an Arturia Beatstep with LR6.14 and Windows 7, 64bit, Midi2LR V3.4.10.0
So there is no explicit command to actualize the development process to 2012- prozess (the newest for LR6.14) I tried to make a series of command:
d - for switching in the devolopment-modul
ALT-s for pull down the settings-menu in the menu-bar
Both works fine, but when I then try to send an u for Update the development-prozess, it doesn't work with the midiboard. When I press the u on the keyboard, all works fine.
This issue I have with other characters. When Pull-Down-Menu in the menubar is open and a character is need to be send to activate a command, this doesn't work with the midibaord and Midi2LR, but it works with the normal keyboard.

Does someone has the same issue or can support?
Many Thanks and
Best regards
charly
MIDI2LRinfo.txt
MIDI2LR.log

Rory Jaffe

Aug 17, 2020, 7:05:30 PM8/17/20
to MIDI2LR
Have you tried Series of Commands? For example, if d is Key1, alt-s is Key2 and u is Key3, then you'd put Key1 Key2 Key3 in one of the command series and that would send out the three keystrokes in a row.

Rory Jaffe

Aug 17, 2020, 7:12:45 PM8/17/20
to mid...@googlegroups.com
The other thing you could do is edit the source files. If you go into the MIDI2LR.lrplugin directory, you'll find a file named Database.lua. On line 60, you'll see
local LatestPVSupported = 5 -- used for update PV to latest and for limits code to get best label

Change the 5 to a 3 (which is process version 2012), then you could use the command Update process version to 5 (under the Develop submenu for commands), which will, since you've changed the 5 to a 3, actually update the version to 3 (2012). This way, you wouldn't have to use the keyboard shortcuts.

I don't think that edit will hurt other parts of the program. But if it does start acting weird, just change the 3 back to a 5.

This whole problem occurs because I can't get information from Lightroom about which process versions it supports.

Rory Jaffe

Aug 17, 2020, 7:22:29 PM8/17/20
to MIDI2LR
In the next release, I will have commands to set any Process Version you wish.

charly arthur

Aug 19, 2020, 2:30:58 PM8/19/20
to MIDI2LR
Thank you so much for the answers:
to your answer 1: I tried both,
- putting the 3 keystrokes in a row: LR changes to develop and open settings-pull-down-menu
- putting the 3 keystrokes in a column: LR changes to develop, thats it

I assigned every of the 3 key to it's own note / shortcut:
- Note 5 = Key38 = d
- Note 6 = Key39 = ALT+s
- Note 7 = Key40 = u
(the capital U also doesn't work)

when I press Note 5, LR changes to develop-module
I then press Note 6, LR opens pull down menu "settings"
Then I press Note 7, nothing happens
but when I press keyboard key u, LR will update process to 2012

The same behavier I have with other characters, which I want to send by having a pull-down-menu
I tried to change keyboard-layout from "DE" to "EN" - but it does not solve the issue.

to your answer 2:
In database.lua
I canged LastesPVSupported = 3, restart finally the computer, but it will stay in Midi2LR / Develop / Update process to Version 5. Only switching the language from LR to german helped that I can choose in Midi2LR / Develop / Update process to Version 3).

After that, assigning that command to note 4, LR only changes to develop modul, but no process version was changed, even after restarting whole computer.

I then changed it back to 5.

2020-08-19 Keyboard shortcut definition update prozess to 3.png
MIDI2LR.log
2020-08-19 Keyboard shortcut definition.png
2020-08-19 serien of command 1 result.png
2020-08-19 serien of command 2 result.png
2020-08-19 Series of command 1 only changes to Develop modul and pull down settings.png
2020-08-19 Series of command 2 only changes to Develop modul.png
2020-08-19Midi-comamnd - LR command assignment.png
Database-lua.png
MIDI2LRinfo.txt

Rory Jaffe

Aug 31, 2020, 12:27:03 PM8/31/20
to MIDI2LR
OK, I think the problem is that older versions of Lightroom don't recognize the newer numbering system for process versions.

Try this: open up Client.lua in a text editor, search for PVLatest. That line should look like
      PVLatest                        = CU.wrapFOM(LrDevelopController.setProcessVersion, 'Version ' .. Database.LatestPVSupported),

Change it so it reads
      PVLatest                        = CU.wrapFOM(LrDevelopController.setProcessVersion, '2012'),

The command will still look like it uses Process Version 5, but this should change it to Process Version 2012.

familie....@kabelmail.de

Sep 1, 2020, 6:14:26 AM9/1/20
to MIDI2LR, Rory Jaffe
Thank you so much. I am off for several weeks. As soon as I will be back I will try it and will get feedback.
Best regards
Markus

Viele Grüße
Markus

Sep 24, 2020, 11:39:16 AM9/24/20
to familie....@kabelmail.de, MIDI2LR, Rory Jaffe

Hello,

I am back now changes the entry in

in C:\Users\charly\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\MIDI2LR.lrplugin\Client.lua

Unfortunately nothing changed in the behavior.

Best regards

Markus

image001.png