A new keys suggestion

Tomáš Dančo

Apr 16, 2020, 1:35:23 PM4/16/20
to MIDI2LR
Hello,
I just recently switched from Mac OS to Windows and I already see differences between keyboards. One of those keys I am using A LOT is the backslash \
In lightroom it is used to see the before, without showing after at the same time. It's quicker and cleaner for me to use that.
However as I am not using english layout, it's impossible for me to hit only the backslash key, thus rendering this function unusable :(
would it be possible to add it into the list of used keys somehow? Thank you!

The second one of this is "invert selection" button, which is done with the apostrophe key '
also not available for slovak keyboard (nor it was available for mac keyboard but it's a neat little thingy)

THANK YOU in advance!

Santiago Umaña

Apr 16, 2020, 1:38:32 PM4/16/20
to MIDI2LR
I have the same issue in Spanish keyboard, so it would be great to see this suggestion implemented.

Tjeerd Paul Jacobs

Apr 16, 2020, 4:30:17 PM4/16/20
to MIDI2LR
cant you just remap the keys like you can do in osx keyboard settings? If not just get a key remapper tool for windows. You can also get Bome Midi Translator and have infinite options.

Tomáš Dančo

Apr 17, 2020, 2:48:49 AM4/17/20
to MIDI2LR
Why should I install additional software for that purpose, if there is a possibility to include such function to already existing one?

Dňa štvrtok, 16. apríla 2020 22:30:17 UTC+2 Tjeerd Paul Jacobs napísal(a):

Tomáš Dančo

Apr 19, 2020, 12:54:45 PM4/19/20
to MIDI2LR
I found a workaround if you use Windows 10 (not sure if it works on different ones)

you can use different keyboard layout for each window, so you can select english layout for MIDI2LR and Lightroom and it should work like a charm :)

Dňa štvrtok, 16. apríla 2020 19:38:32 UTC+2 Santiago Umaña napísal(a):

Rory Jaffe

Apr 28, 2020, 5:01:30 PM4/28/20
to MIDI2LR
It's easy enough to add backslash and apostrophe to the allowed inputs. Try replacing the Keys.lua file in the MIDI2LR.lrplugin directory with the attached version and see if that addresses your issue.
Keys.lua