Version 3.3.0.0 Beta Test Release CLOSED

Rory Jaffe

Aug 11, 2019, 6:32:34 PM8/11/19
to mid...@googlegroups.com
Pulled to fix one bug with controllers that send system messages. New test version out shortly.

Please post replies here after you test the release--whether it works or not. Thanks.Lots of behind-the-scenes improvements to the application; just a few visible changes.

Bug fixes

  • Fixed occasional crash that could occur on MacOS when sending shortcut keys when application is not authorized to send keystrokes.

Improvements

  • Sped up NRPN control responsiveness. Lightroom should be much more snappy when responding to certain commands using NRPN (e.g., rotation) that required significant amount of calculations by Lightroom.
  • Many translations now based on Microsoft Language Portal standard translations for applications.
  • Lightroom help menu now has MIDI2LR help options under Help ⇢ Plug-in Extras.
  • Graduated Filter, Radial Filter, and Spot Removal show actions now work better and open the associated panel for the tool (Lightroom 7.4 and later only).

New actions

  • Increase/decrease star rating using a knob. Rotating knob clockwise to add stars, counterclockwise to subtract stars.
  • Change star rating using a slider. Moving the slide assigns a star rating based on how high the slider is: lowest is 0, highest is 5. This works well for non-motorized sliders.
  • Available number of profiles increased from 10 to 18.
  • Close MIDI2LR app.

Other changes

  • Change interprocess communication protocol handler.
  • Updated Juce framework.
  • Improved logging.
  • Lots of behind-the-scenes stability improvements.

Александр и Марина Санти

Aug 12, 2019, 2:22:48 PM8/12/19
to MIDI2LR
Today I use 3.3.0.0 on windows 10. Everything works well until I noticed errors.

Oleg Procopyev

Aug 13, 2019, 4:52:54 AM8/13/19
to MIDI2LR
Almost all actions cause an error.

I use Windows10 x64, Lightroom Classic 8.3.1, MIDI Controller: XTouch mini.

Error message:
"Exception ToMessageType: MessageType range error, muxt be 0x9 to 0xF class MidiReceiver * __ptr64::handleIncomingMidiMessage Version 3.3.0.0"

It cause even if I click (in my MIDI controller) to show Next or Previouse photo.

Rory Jaffe

Aug 13, 2019, 12:33:25 PM8/13/19
to mid...@googlegroups.com
Could you post a copy of the MIDI2LR.log file? Thanks.

Oleg Procopyev

Aug 13, 2019, 12:43:55 PM8/13/19
to MIDI2LR
Controller: X-TOUCH MINI

MIDI2LR.log in attachments.

вторник, 13 августа 2019 г., 22:33:25 UTC+6 пользователь Rory Jaffe написал:
What controller do you use? Could you post a copy of the MIDI2LR.log file? Thanks.
MIDI2LR.log

Rory Jaffe

Aug 13, 2019, 5:31:20 PM8/13/19
to MIDI2LR
thanks. Could you try replacing MIDI2LR.exe with the one in this zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1pe2s1vf41dip0/MIDI2LR.zip?dl=0 and see if that fixes it? Thanks.

Oleg Procopyev

Aug 16, 2019, 1:28:32 AM8/16/19
to MIDI2LR
I replaced MIDI2LR.exe file but after that it stoped to get any commands from my MIDI controller.

When I installed Version 3.3.0.1 BETA TEST exception disappeare.

Now everything works greate!

Thank you very much for help.