Make macro key highlight slider, to make it adjustable with mouse wheel.

Teodor Tomter Liland

Oct 7, 2016, 5:45:03 PM10/7/16
to MIDI2LR
Is there a way to make macro keys from a gaming keyboard highlight specific sliders in Lightroom, so that they could be adjusted with the scroll wheel of the mouse? Is this functionality perhaps already available in MIDI2LR or other software?

To be more precise, I guess the macro key would mimic the behaviour of actually hovering the mouse over a slider, which lets the user adjust the slider with the scroll wheel. My plan is to use a Corsair K95 keyboard, which has 18 programmable macro keys.

This way, adusting sliders would be a matter of pressing a key and scrolling the mouse wheel, never having to look at the actual sliders.

This would be a perfect solution to my work environment in Lightroom. Really perfect. So perfect, that if this functionality doesn't already exist, I'd easily pay or donate $100 or more for someone to develop it. Preferably, it would also be combinable with the ALT-key, so that I can watch the overlay from "Blacks" and "Whites".

I'm very happy for input. :)

Best regards,
Teodor Tomter
Norway