Not connected to LR

Rodrigo Cypriano

Apr 26, 2018, 10:47:41 PM4/26/18
to MIDI2LR

I already saw this problem here, but I did not see the solution I have Lightroom cc 7.3.1 and MIDI2LR 2.8.1.0, but it does not connect in LR, it's only red, I'm using it in imac 27 5k late 2015. My Firewall is disabled, but it still does not work. I already uninstalled the 2 programs and nothing I have 2 other imacs working perfectly, only the one I can not Any solution anyone?

Rory Jaffe

Apr 26, 2018, 11:12:08 PM4/26/18
to MIDI2LR
When you open up Lightroom, is the plugin running (check File -> Plugin Manager). If it is running, copy and paste the text from File -> Plugin Extras -> MIDI2LR -> System Information in a reply to this message.

Rodrigo Cypriano

Apr 27, 2018, 7:34:44 AM4/27/18
to MIDI2LR

----------- LIGHTROOM -----------

Operating system 10.13.4.17E199 (x64)

Version 7.3

Language pt

Preferences path /Users/rodrigocyprianofotografia/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Lightroom

LApplication data path /Users/rodrigocyprianofotografia//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

----------- PLUGIN -----------

Version 2.8.1.0

Path /Users/rodrigocyprianofotografia//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

/Modules/MIDI2LR.lrplugin

Rory Jaffe

Apr 27, 2018, 10:17:46 AM4/27/18
to MIDI2LR
OK, so everything's installed and in the correct directories. Can you check to see whether MIDI2LR.app in the /Users/rodrigocyprianofotografia//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/MIDI2LR.lrplugin  directory is marked as executable? If you double-click on MIDI2LR.app does it start up? Can you start it by selecting Files->Plugin Extras->MIDI2LR->Start server?

Rodrigo Cypriano

Apr 27, 2018, 1:21:44 PM4/27/18
to MIDI2LR

starts yes, it's all right, the only problem that turns red and does not connect

Tully Samson

May 2, 2018, 6:34:56 AM5/2/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi Rory, I've just installed LR onto a new system (2017 iMac) and am having this same issue. I have turned my firewall off, and checked that LR can start up the app, and tried starting the app from the plugin package. It does start up, but then won't connect. I do get this error if I try to reload the plugin, but only sometimes:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Users/tullysamson/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/MIDI2LR.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.
?:0: attempt to call method 'send' (a nil value)

**** Error 2

An error occurred while attempting to shut down the plugin.
?:0: attempt to call method 'send' (a nil value)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Manny Jimenez

May 17, 2018, 2:37:01 PM5/17/18
to MIDI2LR
Bumping this to see if there are any suggestions as I am having the same problems.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Rory Jaffe

May 26, 2018, 1:18:52 PM5/26/18
to MIDI2LR
Sounds like this is happening just to Mac users using High Sierra. And those errors about nil values for 'send' may mean that Lightroom didn't open up the pipe for communication between the plugin and the app.

Is everyone with this problem getting that 'nil' error?

Even though the firewall is off, I'm wondering if there's some security setting that's causing this.

The communication protocol between the app and the plugin hasn't been changed in quite a long time, so this is probably due to a system configuration change in MacOS, particularly since I'm not hearing the same from windows users.

Florian Frisch

Jun 13, 2018, 9:01:17 AM6/13/18
to MIDI2LR
Just wanted to check if anybody solved this problem about Midi2LR not connecting in MacOS High Sierra?
I still experience the same problem and haven´t found a solution yet.

Santiago Umaña

Jun 13, 2018, 9:12:02 AM6/13/18
to MIDI2LR
Hello, I worked around this by installing Midi2lr v. 2.7.0.4 and it works perfect with OS-X High Sierra, maybe you could try this.

Florian Frisch

Jun 13, 2018, 11:46:27 AM6/13/18
to MIDI2LR
Thank you Santiago!
I already tried that, unfortunately it didn´t help.
How did you install the 2.7.0.4? Did you uninstall the old version first or did you just install it over the previous version?
Unfortunately, if I deactivate the Midi2LR plugin in Lightroom, it doesn´t let me remove the plugin from Lightroom. It only disappears if I use the uninstall routine that is inside the midi2lr.app.

Santiago Umaña

Jun 13, 2018, 4:00:45 PM6/13/18
to MIDI2LR
I didn't uninstall the other version, I ran the installer for v.2.7.0.4 and it installed perfectly. It worked for me

Rory Jaffe

Jun 16, 2018, 3:52:05 PM6/16/18
to MIDI2LR
Version 2.9.4.0 incorporates these fixes if you want to try this release: https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases

Florian Frisch

Jun 16, 2018, 4:06:05 PM6/16/18
to MIDI2LR
Unfortunately, it still doesn´t work for me :(

----------- LIGHTROOM -----------
Operating system 10.13.4.17E199 (x64)
Version 7.3.1
Language en
Preferences path /Users/Nadar/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Lightroom
LApplication data path /Users/Nadar/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom
----------- PLUGIN -----------
Version 2.9.4.0
Path /Users/Nadar/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/MIDI2LR.lrplugin

And here the error log which is written when I disable Midi2LR and enable it again:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Users/Nadar/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/MIDI2LR.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.
?:0: attempt to call method 'send' (a nil value)

**** Error 2

An error occurred while attempting to shut down the plugin.
?:0: attempt to call method 'send' (a nil value)

If it helps, I could give you access to my Mac via Teamviewer or something else...?

Thank you so much for your effort!

Santiago Umaña

Jun 16, 2018, 4:41:26 PM6/16/18
to MIDI2LR
Still not Wroking

Already installed Version 2.9.4.0 and it does not work.

When I open lightroom Midi2LR opens with it and displays the Connected to LR (green state) message but it does not respond to the commands from my Xtouch mini, so I installed again version 2.7.0.4 and that one works perfect, it connects to LR and responds perfectly to my Xtouch mini.

Rory Jaffe

Jun 16, 2018, 7:08:42 PM6/16/18
to MIDI2LR
When you say "not responds"--do the numbers change at all on the app? What does the log at ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR.log say?

Rory Jaffe

Jun 16, 2018, 10:33:26 PM6/16/18
to MIDI2LR
I'm going to need some debugging help from a Mac user to get to the bottom of this. Someone who can use the Xcode debugger.
This conversation is locked