Auto Advance

Eric N

Apr 4, 2018, 4:50:51 AM4/4/18
to MIDI2LR
It would be great if there could be a way to program a button to toggle AutoAdvance.  I think it would be relatively easy to do, simply by allowing the Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue to accept "CapsLock" as a function, and then assigning that shortcut to a button.  Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer so I don't have any suggestion on how to change the code to do that.

Likewise, it would also be great to be able to assign the "email photo" function to a button.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Apr 4, 2018, 6:07:42 AM4/4/18
to MIDI2LR
CapsLock is a state, it might be able to implement this but it may also cause problems for those users who do not have a CapsLock key (or function) because this state would be global, meaning for every program running. "email photo" can not be implemented because there is no keyboard shortcut for this menu command, as this menu item is on a context menu (meaning it is accessed when the right mouse key is clicked on a photo)  it can not be implemented with a button.

Rory Jaffe

Apr 21, 2018, 1:57:25 PM4/21/18
to MIDI2LR
Currently, to emulate auto-advance, you could program the series of actions and assign that to a MIDI keypress. For example, if you want to advance after the first keyboard shortcut is sent, you could, in series of actions, have Key1,Next . That should do the trick.