m1 Behringer BCF2000

jasper timmermans

Mar 25, 2021, 2:42:44 PM3/25/21
to MIDI2LR

Pickup mode not working with M1 and Lightroom LR 10.2

Running:
LR 10.2
Midi2LR 4.3.1.11
OSX 11.2.3 Macbook Air M1

It really does work well on my older mac!

Crashing on Quit 2

jasper timmermans

Mar 25, 2021, 2:43:10 PM3/25/21
to MIDI2LR
Op donderdag 25 maart 2021 om 19:42:44 UTC+1 schreef jasper timmermans:
MIDI2LR.log

Rory Jaffe

Mar 25, 2021, 5:36:00 PM3/25/21
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the log.

1. Crashing on close on M1 is a bug I'm tracking and trying to get rid of. Here's a new build that may fix it (I hope): https://www.dropbox.com/s/csv74qy31luh152/MIDI2LR-4.3.2.0-osx-installer.dmg?dl=0

2. Regarding the BCF2000 and pickup. Are you saying that the sliders don't move when you change photos in develop mode? What commands are the sliders mapped to? If you disconnect the FastTrack Pro and reboot, does the problem persist?

jasper timmermans

Mar 26, 2021, 5:59:02 AM3/26/21
to MIDI2LR
Hey Rory thnx for your anser

1. unfortunatly still crashing with the new build. Can i suply you with extra info for that? The crash report?

2. BCF2000 and pickup. Indeed the sliders don't move when i change settings in develop mode. The sliders are mapped to exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows etc. When i change them with the mouse, nothing. When i change them by hand i only see the value change when i am near the original value of the file. Disconnected the FastTrack Pro and rebooted, but the problem chill persisted.

Op donderdag 25 maart 2021 om 22:36:00 UTC+1 schreef Rory Jaffe:
MIDI2LR.log

Rory Jaffe

Mar 26, 2021, 11:31:10 AM3/26/21
to MIDI2LR
Yes, the crash report will help with that issue.

BCF2000: Are there any MIDI drivers/software that you have running?

I'm going to be busy for the next week and unable to further address this until then.

Thanks.

jasper timmermans

Apr 1, 2021, 6:48:20 AM4/1/21
to MIDI2LR
Hey Rory,
i do not have any midi drivers running on this machine.
Tried directly connecting the BCF2000 to the macbook air with a  USBC to USB hub. Crashing & No pickingup.
When its daisy chained thru another hub its the same.

Op vrijdag 26 maart 2021 om 16:31:10 UTC+1 schreef Rory Jaffe:
CrashReport Jaspertimmermans.rtf

Erik Lorch

Jul 22, 2021, 3:23:45 PM7/22/21
to MIDI2LR
Any update on this issue? Running into the same problem.

Running Midi2lr 4.3.1.11
MacBook Air M1 Big Sur
Newest LR

Rory Jaffe

Jul 31, 2021, 5:06:01 PM7/31/21
to MIDI2LR
I don't have the capability to fix M1 problems, so someone else will have to step in and help. I do watch the 3rd-party frameworks I'm using for M1-related issues. Juce fixed one of their's, and that fix is in the latest MIDI2LR version, but I suspect they have more issues. Most of the MIDI communication is occurring in the Juce code, not MIDI2LR code written by me.