Midi2lr bluetooth connection

Walt Zubak

Jul 1, 2018, 4:59:59 AM7/1/18
to MIDI2LR
Would there be away to put this into an update. To have Midi2lr work wireless with a usb to Bluetooth adapter.

Max

Jul 1, 2018, 6:16:21 AM7/1/18
to MIDI2LR
You can do that already, it's just a bit expensive, as the adapter+battery cost as much as or more than the controller:

As I hid the cable under my keyboard and monitor foot, I dropped the idea of going BT.

Walt Zubak

Jul 1, 2018, 6:29:55 AM7/1/18
to MIDI2LR
I have all of that to do this but I can get it to work. I can plug the x-touch into the BT adapter and boot midiberry and I can see the input but Midi2lr will not see the commands.

Walt Zubak

Jul 1, 2018, 6:32:19 AM7/1/18
to MIDI2LR
I mean I can't get it to work.

Walt Zubak

Jul 1, 2018, 6:34:16 AM7/1/18
to MIDI2LR
I am guessing that I have a setting not set correctly on my Win 10 machine. Any help would be great.

Max

Jul 1, 2018, 9:34:50 AM7/1/18
to MIDI2LR
I'm sorry, but I haven't done it myself, so I wouldn't know what the problem might be.
Maybe midiberry is not the right interface between midi2lr and the midi controller.

I would need to put my hands on the setup, in order to make it work.
Maybe someone else in the group has experience on how to make it work.

Walt Zubak

Jul 1, 2018, 9:44:06 AM7/1/18
to MIDI2LR
The Midiberry is just for checking to see if the computer is getting a BT command which it is...There has to be someone out there that knows how to get this to work.
Thanks for your input
Walt

Walt Zubak

Jul 4, 2018, 6:33:23 AM7/4/18
to MIDI2LR
Just a bump to see if anyone has any ideas.

Walt Zubak

Jul 20, 2018, 4:19:05 PM7/20/18
to MIDI2LR
20 days and nobody has any ideas.....

Helen

Mar 18, 2019, 9:26:59 PM3/18/19
to MIDI2LR
Hey Walt,

I'm also trying to set this up, I used this guide (https://www.sensisystems.com/connecting-ble-midi-device/) and it suggested downloading loopMIDI to set up a virtual port, which worked and MIDI2LR could detect the x-touch via bluetooth, but it seems to be repeating some of keys over and over again until it crashed. I also tried loopbe1 which had the same result. Maybe you might have better luck if you're still looking for a solution.

Dextera

Jul 14, 2019, 4:48:35 AM7/14/19
to MIDI2LR
No chance with Windows 10, Midi2LR and a Bluetooth Midi-Controller (Yamaha UD-BT01 and Behringer X-Touch Mini). In apps like Midiberry you can see that the controller works fine - but Midi2LR didn't recognize it. On macOS everything works perfect.

Is there any chance for an update for this?

Bonnie S

Nov 5, 2020, 1:42:14 PM11/5/20
to MIDI2LR
I just bought the Yamaha UD-BT01 not realizing it was intended for apple only (I'm on Windows 10).

Downloaded MIDIBerry and loopMIDI, finally got MIDI2LR to recognize them my Behringer X-Touch Mini over Bluetooth, and I had the same error: MIDI2LR is reading one note (CC:10) over and over again.

Would love to find a solution for this!

Waltztj

Nov 5, 2020, 1:54:59 PM11/5/20
to MIDI2LR
Bonnie
 I gave up using bluetooth on a Win 10 machine, on Win 10 I use a Xtouch compact and I have all the commands on one layer.. I just use  the Bluetooth on my MAC and have no issues.

Bonnie S

Nov 5, 2020, 2:05:24 PM11/5/20
to MIDI2LR
I'm laid up on the couch after ankle surgery and would just love to use my x-touch mini wirelessly with my laptop! lol

mr meghoo

Jun 29, 2021, 2:11:13 PM6/29/21
to MIDI2LR
Think I finally figured this out, see picture attached for what you'll need. You'll need to create the corresponding ports in loopMIDI and make sure you have them selected in MIDIberry as shown.

Then launch MIDI2LR, there should now be a file called  "DisabledControllers" in AppData\Roaming\MIDI2LR, open it in notepad and set the 2 values as highlighted and save, .

Now close and reopen LR and you should be good. I've found I need to click "restart app" in MIDIberry each time I reconnect the UD-BT01, but that hasn't bothered me.
Working MIDI BT.PNG

Rory Jaffe

Jul 4, 2021, 5:52:38 PM7/4/21
to MIDI2LR
Yes, that was one of the anticipated uses for that functionality. Since it's only for advanced users doing unusual things, there is no UI, but editing that file is pretty safe: https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki/MIDI-Controller-Setup#disabling-selected-controllers