Best way to detect connection with MIDI2LR server program?

Junya Enoki

Nov 22, 2019, 8:42:21 PM11/22/19
to MIDI2LR
Hi All,
I own DIY USB-MIDI controller project LrE-6 that work with MIDI2LR.
My question: 'Is there best way to detect connection with MIDI2LR server program by controller?'
I thought that send to dummy 'Control Change' periodically, Not receiving 'Conroll Change' it raises timed out.
If there is another way, Please provide.

Rory Jaffe

Nov 23, 2019, 4:31:14 PM11/23/19
to MIDI2LR
MIDI2LR does not send "keep alive" messages to the MIDI Controller. In the future, I may support device-specific profiles, in which case receiving a periodic "active sense" message might be best.