AKAI MidiMix rotary controls pushable?

Alex Furer

Feb 11, 2019, 8:14:37 PM2/11/19
to MIDI2LR
So, obviously I ran out of rotary controls before push buttons on my Behringer X-Touch Mini. I am considering to get the Akai MidiMxi.

Anyone using this? If so, are the rotary buttons pushable? I really like that on my Berhinger X-Touch mini to reset respective values assigned to the rotary.

Carsten Schlipf

Feb 12, 2019, 11:38:13 AM2/12/19
to MIDI2LR
What about a Behringer X Touch Compact instead? ;-)

Alex Furer

Feb 12, 2019, 5:39:57 PM2/12/19
to MIDI2LR
Carsten, Thank you for pointing this one out. It's a bit pricey but I do like the motorized faders. I saw some videos where the faders go to the current value when going to a new image. But as I realized reading through your tutorial, setting up several profiles actually gives more rotary knobs. I will have to experiment with that. Because the portability of the X-Touch Mini is awesome.

Carsten Schlipf

Feb 13, 2019, 5:28:39 AM2/13/19
to MIDI2LR
Yes, portability is really great with the mini and also one of the main concerns why I do not have the compact. It's much bigger and also needs an AC power cord. Maybe if my daily work would mainly be editing pictures, but for me as a hobbyist this thing appears to be overkill... but yes, these motorized faders are so sexy ;-)

Compared to other controllers however and given what the compact provides, it's price is very attractive.

Alex Furer

Feb 13, 2019, 6:06:17 AM2/13/19
to MIDI2LR
I totally agree. But to be honest, with your way (mentioned in the other thread) the X-Touch Mini does more than expected.

If my photography ever pays off what I invest, I will consider the Compact I guess. At least for home-work or to attract an employee by giving him/her a tool that moves the twiddle buttons on it's own. :)

Jox

Feb 14, 2019, 11:12:12 AM2/14/19
to MIDI2LR

2019-02-14 17.02.13.jpg

Hello,
I have Akai it is OK,
but there are only manual faders and potentiometers (not the encoders).

A few months ago I Bought the X-Touch Compact it's great :)
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/midi2lr/tFOk985Ihic/ifP2VHa7GwAJ
I got it for very reasonable price
https://www.basys.cz/behringer-x-touch-compact.html

Jox

Alex Furer

Feb 14, 2019, 5:43:58 PM2/14/19
to MIDI2LR
Hey Jox, thanks for the feedback.

One question, can you press the rotary buttons, the 24 round knobs, and use them in Midi2LR? For example to reset the parameter you control by rotating the knob?

Jox

Feb 15, 2019, 1:04:19 PM2/15/19
to MIDI2LR
Hello Alex,
the knobs are only potentiometers without the button.
It means you have to turn it until the knob and parameter value are equal
after that, the value in the LR starts changing (a little bit annoying).

If you want something small and easy to use, maybe the twister can suit for you:

Alex Furer

Feb 15, 2019, 6:09:24 PM2/15/19
to MIDI2LR
Hey Jox, thanks for your feedback.

The twister looks awesome and seems to be built from heavy metal parts. Bookmarked and added to the wish-list. I mean, X-Mas is just around the corner - right?