develop in library module

Carlos Canales

Jul 15, 2021, 12:51:37 PM7/15/21
to MIDI2LR
hi, i want to know if can i develop in library module directly without going to develop module, for example i want to change the exposure. thanks!

Rory Jaffe

Jul 15, 2021, 3:14:54 PM7/15/21
to MIDI2LR
Yes. Use the quick develop commands: https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki/Commands#8

Rory Jaffe

Jul 15, 2021, 5:56:23 PM7/15/21
to MIDI2LR
No, those edits weren't put in because Adobe screwed up how they supported that. I may to try to address that in the next release.

Nadav Rotem

Nov 1, 2021, 4:55:38 AM11/1/21
to MIDI2LR
Hi,
Please address that as for me, a wedding photographer who edit`s hundreds of photo`s per event, going to the Develop module is time consuming and It`s much faster staying and editing on the library module.
I am still using LR5 with "Paddy for lightroom" plugin that allows me to assign keyboard command that effect the library quick develop buttons though that plugin got discontinued when the CC version came out,
come to think of it - it`s probably for the reason you stated.. that Adobe screwed that up..
Thank you

Rory Jaffe

Nov 1, 2021, 12:50:19 PM11/1/21
to MIDI2LR
I was busy with the new masks interface. Now I'll get to adding in the quick develop commands.

Tomala

Nov 2, 2021, 7:01:06 AM11/2/21
to MIDI2LR
Hello, many many thanks for the update... you are saving my life...
anyway it is possible to quick edit via vsco keys:

Rory Jaffe

Nov 3, 2021, 3:34:30 PM11/3/21
to MIDI2LR
I have a trial version that should work. To try it out, if you have not yet installed the latest version of MIDI2LR, do so (https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases/latest). Then, extract the files from the attached Client.zip (attached to this message) and place those inside MIDI2LR.lrplugin. Run Lightroom and you'll see the new options under quick develop submenu

If you have already installed the latest version, extract the files from the attached Client.zip (attached to this message) and place those inside MIDI2LR.lrplugin. Mac Users: Go to ~/Library/Application Support/MIDI2LR/ and delete MenuTrans.xml. Windows Users: Go to %AppData%\MIDI2LR and delete MenuTrans.xml. Then run Lightroom and you'll see the new options under quick develop submenu

Please provide feedback
Client.zip

Carlos Canales

Nov 4, 2021, 5:44:02 AM11/4/21
to MIDI2LR
it doesnt work for me sorry :(

Tomala

Nov 4, 2021, 9:00:59 AM11/4/21
to MIDI2LR
if you want to use vsco keys with windows you need to download latest version from vsco keys from here - https://github.com/vsco/keys
then install it as normal.
next, download and unpack this package for mac os: https://github.com/vsco/keys/files/5722088/VSCOKeys.lrplugin.zip
look for a file "client.lua" and copy- replace it to  C:\Program Files (x86)\vscokeys\VSCOKeys.lrplugin\
then copy folder  and paste it here : C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\
let me know if it works for you :)

Rory Jaffe

Nov 4, 2021, 10:18:02 AM11/4/21
to MIDI2LR
What does it do when you install the new version? Are you able to assign a quick develop to a key? When you are in the Library module and have a photo selected, what happens when you press that key?

Tomala

Nov 4, 2021, 11:05:03 AM11/4/21
to MIDI2LR

i will chceck that trial version in a minute...

Tomala

Nov 4, 2021, 12:10:39 PM11/4/21
to MIDI2LR
i don't know if understand but
for me quick develop is working. i can assign midi key  from context menu "quick develop"
and all lightroom presets are working in quick develop as well.
but when i try to adjust sliders with midi  it goes to develop module...

with vsco keys you can actually move sliders without being in develop module...
but as there are no "vsco keys layout manager" anymore,  and you need to modify everything in text editor. it is not verry difficult.

sample layout file should be named with extension "whatever.keysjson"
example vsco layout file which work no matter quick or develop module
with pressing "w" on keboard minus 0.25 exposure
with pressing "e" on keyboard add 0,25 exposure
open notepad paste that code save it, modify extension to keysjson imort to vsco keys

{
"name": "Test",
"description": "Test file",
"author": "test user",
"uuid": "test",
"lrVersion": "4",
"modeKey": "53",
"keys":
[
{ "mod":"0", "key":"13", "adj" : {"Exposure2012":"-0.25"} },
{ "mod":"0", "key":"14", "adj" : {"Exposure2012":"0.25"} }
]
}

explanation:
"modeKey": "53",  -  this is the keyboard button "ESC" to activate deactivate vsco keys
"lrVersion": "4",  - no matter it works
"mod":"0" - mean no (ctrl shift or alt) are pressed, references kaymap is here keymap (look for imtxcode)
key 13 = "w" on keyboard
key 14 = "e" on keyboard
"adj" -  just need to be like it is
for sliders:
{"Exposure2012":"-0.25"} } reference is here toolkit  you can change value amount
for presets:
{"_SetPreset":"presetfoldername/presetname"} }

remember that after last command there must be no comma ","
!!!   remember to always have a copy of your text file as vsco keys after importing it, deleting it.

Tomala

Nov 4, 2021, 12:51:41 PM11/4/21
to MIDI2LR
sorry it's  me again... yes this trial version is working...
in first time i heaven't read instructions and haven't deleted  %AppData%\MIDI2LR  MenuTrans.xml :)
it is working now...