Feature request: "show status and activity" improvement

Alex Potemkin

Jan 24, 2020, 3:32:57 PM1/24/20
to MIDI2LR
Hello!

Is it possible to do some improvements to General Options -> Show status and activity?

Is it possible to :

1. add activity indicator for buttons actions, not only for sliders/encoders controls?
Now, even when "Show status and activity" option is turned on, buttons actions are not displayed, so you can only guess what you did right now, for example did you turned chromatic aberration correction on or off, or which color profile has been applied (or may be you missed a proper button_, or checking history all the time. Maybe it is a bug, I didn't use MIDI2LR for a long time and I don't remember how it used to work, but now, with the latest version, I see this behavior.

2. add possibility to show only controls names but not translated values? Like "Exposure" only but not "Exposure +1.025" :)
Seems like it slowing interface alot, but it would be great to see which control is actually used to avoid mistakes. Should be two separate settings for, like "show control name" and optional "show value changes" which is inactive when "show controls name" is unchecked, something like this

3. but exclude from the p.2 rule toggle-kind of controls, like "camera profile correction" or "chromatic aberrations" with just "Yes/No" binary values, and similar switch-like controls like post-crop vignetting style with a small number of fixed values - which should be shown always?

It may help to improve interface speed but will keep useful information available.

Thank you in advance!

pixelman

Jan 24, 2020, 5:20:34 PM1/24/20
to Alex Potemkin, MIDI2LR
Excellent ideas Alex! I’d love to have these implemented as well.

Sent from mobile

Rory Jaffe

Feb 28, 2020, 8:16:25 PM2/28/20
to MIDI2LR
I'll put that in the development queue. It may be problematic with repeated actions (it will slow things down), but I'll give it a try.
Sent from mobile