Mappings for Ableton Push - Enjoy

Ernie Halter

Jan 29, 2018, 9:51:41 AM1/29/18
to MIDI2LR

I put some time into this, so I figured why not share with other Push owners wanting to use it with MIDI2LR. Obviously this is written for my own workflow, with many of the buttons being mapped to specific presets, but the knob functionality should be the same on any system, or at the very least a good jumping off point for creating your own. If you view the .xml files in a text editor I've created notes and a way of visually organizing it in order of how it's laid out on the Push. The mode select buttons work but the previous/next profile buttons aren't working at the moment for some reason. All the same, hope this helps anyone who has the Push and was wondering if you can connect it to Lightroom. You can!

Last bit of advice, buttons should be set to "absolute" and knobs should be set to "two's complement".

Cheers,

Ernie

1. MAIN.xml
2. SATURATION.xml
3. HUE.xml
4. LUMINANCE.xml
5. CAMERA CALIBRATION.xml
6. BLACK AND WHITE MIX.xml
7. VIGNETTE : GRAIN : DEHAZE.xml
8. CROP AND ANGLE.xml

bozwellox

Feb 28, 2018, 12:34:45 PM2/28/18
to MIDI2LR
Oh man, this could be good fun! I have a Push 2 and would love to be able to use it for image editing also - I had no idea Midi2LR supported the Push.

This is quite possibly a stupid question, but am I right in thinking these files are just your mappings that you've configured from within Midi2LR, and I don't need to make any changes to how the Push 2 behaves outside of Lightroom? I don't want to affect how it works with Ableton.

Thanks.

Paul

Ernie Halter

Mar 2, 2018, 2:33:52 PM3/2/18
to MIDI2LR
I only have the original Push but as far as I know it should react exactly the same. And yes you are correct in that these are just files that map the the midi data sent from the Push and connects it to Lightroom. Doesn't affect how the Push works outside of Lightroom. Just be mindful to not have Lightroom and Ableton running at the same time.

Cheers,

Sam Davis

Oct 15, 2018, 6:04:10 PM10/15/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi Ernie,

I am just testing this out, such an awesome idea. I am just wondering what you mean by setting the buttons and knobs. Is this done on the push or within the Midi2LR interface? Did you get the mode select buttons working?

Thanks again,
Sam

Al

Oct 25, 2018, 6:05:33 PM10/25/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi Ernie, so glad I found your post, just got a Push 1 and I need a LR control surface as well!

How do you get the Push knobs to control sliders like exposure etc, they only send a midi message 1 or 127, is there something I need to do on the Push itself?
I tried downloading your attachments on your OP but get Not Found Error 404 for all of them is it me or are they not avail any more?
Thanks!!

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable