Hue/Sat/Luminance on X-Touch Mini

Duncan Bell

Dec 28, 2018, 11:06:38 AM12/28/18
to MIDI2LR
Hey all,

Great resource here. Quick question. I've seen Youtube videos of users hitting one button on the mini to make each rotary knob represent one colour channel (R O Y G A B P M) in Hue value, then another button is pressed for Saturation and the dials control again the individual channels etc. How is this achieved? At present I can only make the standard "Layer A B" make the dials behave differently?

Kind regards
Duncan

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Dec 28, 2018, 2:58:51 PM12/28/18
to MIDI2LR
Layer A and Layer B in midi mode are used to change the state of the midi controller and do not send midi data the host.
To select H, S or L the MIDI2LR server needs to reconfigured to assign the faders to the Lightroom SDK functions needed change the sliders.
Reconfiguring the MIDI2LR server is done with the use of profiles, you can do this by assigning a button to load a profile that assigns the fader.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Dec 28, 2018, 3:34:59 PM12/28/18
to MIDI2LR
This is my configuration provided here as an example of what can be done.
config.zip

Duncan Bell

Jan 4, 2019, 4:51:23 AM1/4/19
to MIDI2LR
Hi ernst, this looks amazing and basically achieves what I want to achieve (and more!).
As a new user to all this though, how do I install your configs to try it out?

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jan 4, 2019, 3:45:46 PM1/4/19
to MIDI2LR
To use my profiles there are a few things to be done:
1) Reset the X-Touch to default using the X-Touch Editor and the LayerA.bin and LayerB.bin files attached to this message. (just in case you need these)
2) Drop the xml files in the profile directory (most likely the plugin directory)
3) Start LR and change the MIDI2LR options settings according to the screenshots.

This should be enough in most cases, please be aware that I have a few special modifications (because I am using a German keyboard while LR is set to English)  that may have to be changed.
LayerB.bin
LayerA.bin