Where are "Adjust CC dialog" information stored?

Simone Girlanda

Oct 25, 2018, 7:32:46 PM10/25/18
to MIDI2LR
the profile XML does not contain them.

Can I get them and reuse?
Should I have to input manually on each computer?

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Oct 26, 2018, 7:47:20 AM10/26/18
to MIDI2LR
"settings.bin" in the plugin directory.

Simone Girlanda

Oct 26, 2018, 5:18:21 PM10/26/18
to MIDI2LR
does it make sense to save them aside of or within the  XML profile of commands mappings?

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Oct 27, 2018, 6:07:39 AM10/27/18
to MIDI2LR
It depends, normally this file does not really change. But if you have made a lot of changes it might be helpful.

Simone Girlanda

Oct 28, 2018, 6:08:04 AM10/28/18
to MIDI2LR
But if you have made a lot of changes it might be helpful.

I'm using an Arturia Beatstep and for each knob I have to set these parameters to have it working.
I've defined 8 different configurations on the MIDI controller, each one use knobs, so let say that I'll use 16x8=128 times that form.
Moving this configuration from one computer to another require a lot of effort.

how can I suggest this change on the MIDI2LR?
Can I collaborate to implement it?
I'm an old-fashioned Delphi programmer.

Ciao

Simone Girlanda

Oct 30, 2018, 8:59:17 AM10/30/18
to MIDI2LR
Looking into issues in the MIDI2LR project, I found this:

Store controller settings in profile

I suppose it is exactly what I mean.

Simone Girlanda

Nov 3, 2018, 4:57:11 AM11/3/18
to MIDI2LR
I've created one big profile file for my MIDI controller, because I do not understand that the plug-in is able to switch profile when the LR module changes (https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki/Profiles).

So now I've able to understand better your answer:

It depends, normally this file does not really change.

Al

Jul 16, 2020, 11:45:11 AM7/16/20
to MIDI2LR

I have this same issue, I use more than one controller with Midi2LR and the "Adjust CC dialog" information I've set up keeps getting mixed up when I load a different profile.
It's been driving me batty, because it means right clicking on all my pad controls to readjust their maximum value and all encoders changed to 2s complement.
Message has been deleted

Rory Jaffe

Jul 16, 2020, 12:02:02 PM7/16/20
to MIDI2LR
MIDI2LR distinguishes controllers by the channel and control number used. If you have multiple controllers, you should set them to use different channels. The settings.xml file is saved in  ~/Library/Application Support/MIDI2LR on the Mac and AppData\Roaming\MIDI2LR on the PC.

Al

Jul 16, 2020, 12:11:47 PM7/16/20
to MIDI2LR
Thanks Rory, so is the "Adjust CC dialog" information saved in the settings.xml or the settings.bin in the plugin directory?
Would it be possible to save the "Adjust CC dialog" information in the profile?
Doing that would make managing and sharing per controller setups so much easier.

Rory Jaffe

Jul 16, 2020, 8:14:45 PM7/16/20
to MIDI2LR
Files have been moved since those posts in 2018. It's no longer settings.bin and it's no longer in the plugin directory. It's settings.xml and in the directories listed below.

I separated the profile from the controller settings for a number of reasons.
1. people are sharing profiles, but not necessarily using the exact same controller setup on the same channel and control numbers. including the profile would cause problems.
2. profiles change while controller settings don't.

so, for most people, it works out better to not include the controller settings in the profile

Shawn Benbow

Jan 1, 2021, 11:44:02 PM1/1/21
to MIDI2LR
I wanted to follow up on this discussion. I've found that the Two's Complement (0-402) seems to work to allow for most settings that have a -100 to +100 range (I'm still not sure why 0-201 didn't work). However, some work better with other ranges, or with absolute values setting.

Am I reading this correct that each knob can only have one CC setting, even with different profiles or LR command assignments?

The scenario I have is I have a knob for 'blacks' that works well with Two's Compliment (0-402), but on another profile I have it set to toggle keyword profiles (Alt-0 left, Alt-Shift-0 right), but for some reason it's more stable with Absolute Values (with the Two's complement setting it seems to go forward/backward two keystrokes each time).

So, is it possible to have different CC settings for the same knob?

(Sorry, I'm new to programming these so I'm still learning!)

Thanks!

Rory Jaffe

Jan 2, 2021, 6:36:53 PM1/2/21
to MIDI2LR
For each controller in each channel, MIDI2LR accepts only one setup.