Version 3.2.2.0 released, includes bug fix for LRCopy and LRPaste

Rory Jaffe

Jun 10, 2019, 2:15:31 PM6/10/19
to MIDI2LR
Available at https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases

Bug fix

  • LRCopy and LRPaste should now work. Other built-in keyboard shortcuts were also simplified to make them more reliable. However, if you have edited the language resource file to use custom keyboard shortcuts, now you will have to use the Keyboard Shortcuts assignment, as MIDI2LR no longer reads the resource file to identify the keyboard shortcuts in use.

Improvements

  • On slower computers, the latest version of Lightroom appears to be less responsive to commands from the plugin and can sometimes be changing parameters long after the MIDI control knob was moved, so the rate of commands has been limited to 10 per second, which should not cause any noticeable changes in controller behavior but does speed up Lightroom.
  • When bezel displays adjustments, it will now use the adjustment name for the current photo's Process Version instead of showing both possibilities. For example, setting Highlights will display Highlight Recovery in PVs 1 and 2 and Highlights in later versions.
  • Improved translations.

New actions

  • Quick develop actions. These are available in either the Library or Develop module and are applied to all selected photos.
    • Set crop aspect ratio 9 by 16
    • Set crop aspect ratio 3 by 4 (other ratios are available, and were added in version 3.1)
  • Other actions.
    • Add/remove from target collection (in Photos submenu).
    • Change Process Version of selected photos to Version 5 (in Develop submenu).

Robert-Jan van der Poel

Jun 15, 2019, 6:05:56 AM6/15/19
to MIDI2LR
Hi Rory,

This version has some strange behavior on my computer. I wouldn't consider my new MacBook Pro (2019) a slow computer as I did not have any issues on the old one (2010) either. However when using faders on the BCF2000 they are 'sticking' somewhere in the middle. When I give it a full swing to maximum I would expect a full reaction in Lightroom, however it swings back to around 50. Maybe it is related to the maximum of 10 commands per second? When I move the fader very slow it works just fine.

Rory Jaffe

Jun 16, 2019, 7:10:09 PM6/16/19
to MIDI2LR
You're right. That 10/second command rate caused more problems than it solved. I also had a another bug fix ready to go, so I've pushed  a minor update to fix both issues. https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases