Version 3.0.0.8 — CLOSED: one bug to fix

Rory Jaffe

Mar 11, 2019, 12:17:39 PM3/11/19
to mid...@googlegroups.com
Major change from 3.0.0.7—think I fixed the crash in Mac keystroke sending.

CLOSED

Release Candidate

Note to users of previous tests of 3.0.0. In your profile files, please edit unmapped to be Unmapped. Sorry for the error in capitalization in the tests. unmapped will show as an error when loading the profile file.

Some old commands have been removed from MIDI2LR. You will get an error if you load a profile with these commands. To fix, edit the profile files and replace the commands as follows:

  • CopySettings is now LRCopy
  • PasteSettings is now LRPaste
  • PasteSelectedSettings is now LRPaste

Feedback is needed, particularly from MacOS users and non-English users—please post feedback in the MIDI2LR Google Discussion Group. There are several big changes in the Mac version that should address the issues sending keystrokes to LR. Read below for details. And there is a major change to the app interface for languages other than English.

App now translated into all Lightroom-supported languages

  • Major upgrade. MIDI2LR app should be fully translated into the language you are using for Lightroom. Testing in languages other than English greatly appreciated, particularly with the CJK languages, as I had to change the application interface font to accomodate CJK text.
  • Improvement. Major changes to application database and way the program is handles menus. This enables 1) easier additions to commands and menu structure, 2) dynamic loading of app menu, 3) full translation of app.

MacOS-specific Changes

  • New MacOS Mojave-compatible installer.
  • Bug fix. MacOS Mojave security was blocking keystrokes from app to Lightroom. Now you should see a dialog box the first time MIDI2LR attempts to send keystrokes to Lightroom. See the Wiki's installation instructions for more on enabling keystroke sending. This was mostly Apple's bug—this issue caught a lot of developers by surprise and the fix was not provided by Apple.
  • Bug fix. MacOS keystrokes that weren't in the key-value map caused an exception. Now you should see a dialog box listing the key that isn't supported.
  • Bug fix. MacOS no longer blocking the application when it checks for updates.
  • Enhancement. Keystrokes now accepts shifted keys as well as unshifted keys.
  • Bug fix. Random exceptions when sending keystrokes, fixed.

Other Changes

  • New actions (only available in Lightroom versions 7.4 and later).
    • Rotate Left and Rotate Right (General submenu). Rotates all selected photos 90 degrees left or right.
    • Show Full Screen and Hide Panels (General submenu).
    • Show Full Preview (General submenu).
    • Edit in photoshop (Library submenu).
    • Reset all transforms (Develop submenu).
    • Export, open export dialog (Library submenu).
    • Export, using previous dialog settings (Library submenu).
    • Enable tone curve (was originally in MIDI2LR, removed when it was discovered Adobe LR failed to support it, now back as Adobe has fixed its 6-year-old bug).
  • Improved actions in Lightroom versions 7.4 and later. Autotone and White Balance Auto are no longer experimental. Lightroom now supports those two explicitly with functions. As a result, auto tone should behave like the autotone button in Lightroom.
  • Behavior change. Apply keyword now applies it to all selected photos, not just current photo.
  • Bug fix. Crash on CycleMaskOverlayColor fixed.
  • Bug fix. Control Options display now shows correct channel.
  • Minor bug fixes, code cleanup, refactoring, work on reliability.
  • MIDIProbe again in the installation package for debugging use.
  • Improvement. Better unicode handling.
  • Bug fix. Pitchwheel ranges weren't being saved. Fixed.
  • Change. settings.bin is now settings.xml. The program will read old settings.bin if settings.xml not yet generated (picks up settings saved in the former format then saves it in the new format).
  • Improvement. MIDI2LR no longer writes to the plugin directory. This makes it easier to choose a directory for installation, as you don't have to worry about directory privilege settings.
    • In Windows, all files (except for profile files), will be written to the %appdata%\MIDI2LR directory (type that in the address bar of the file explorer to jump to the correct directory).
    • In MacOS, log files go to ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR/ and other files go to ~/Library/Application Support/MIDI2LR/.
  • Files that MIDI2LR writes are:
    • default.xml — default mapping if profile file not found on startup
    • MenuTrans.xml — menus for application in language that Lightroom is using — this is dynamically loaded by the application to enable on-the-fly translation of the application interface.
    • MIDI2LR.log — log file from app showing settings and errors, useful for debugging
    • MIDI2LR.xml — default settings for app (e.g., profile directory, pickup mode)
    • MIDI2LRinfo.txt — report from lua plugin for debugging
    • settings.xml — MIDI controller settings (e.g., twos complement controls, pitchwheel limits, etc.)
  • Deprecated. Selective paste no longer supported.

File hashes for installers. File hashes not provided for debug versions. Always download debug versions directly from https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases, never from a secondary source.

  • Windows
    • CRC32: 784D8E60
    • MD5: BF75702A82AFC42676665FA4D5820298
    • SHA-1: F30DF8B2D10CD26CFE32ECA693406319A2FB9482
  • MacOS
    • CRC32: 69BB6A4D
    • MD5: 32810DC1BBDD5F6AC66877A8D618EDAB
    • SHA-1: 42DE9B2DF7A9BEEA18FD4315EF97959A0CED9D60

Guil Lo

Mar 11, 2019, 2:32:02 PM3/11/19
to MIDI2LR
Wow !!! Bravo, what a good job !!! The keystrokes work perfectly! Including those that I modified to make my swiss-french keyboard usable. Thanks a lot for all this job !

if you need help with something, do not hesitate to ask me. I can test, translate or tinker if necessary ;).

Le lundi 11 mars 2019 17:17:39 UTC+1, Rory Jaffe a écrit :
Major change from 3.0.0.7—think I fixed the crash in Mac keystroke sending.

Guil Lo

Mar 11, 2019, 4:47:51 PM3/11/19
to MIDI2LR
Just a precision : first it was not functionning. I've deleted the autorisation for Midi2lr in mac os settings of security. Then reinstall Midi2lr and the system re-ask me to approve (like you say in the wiki for mac os users). Then, keystrokes runs !

(Sorry for my english, not sure all my words are understandable ;P)

Guil Lo

Rory Jaffe

Mar 11, 2019, 6:00:19 PM3/11/19
to MIDI2LR
And thank you for your help. I appreciated it.