MEIS Funnel webpage

Soufi, Denise

May 7, 2024, 2:32:31 PMMay 7
to mela...@googlegroups.com, mideas...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

Iman Dagher and I are pleased to announce the launch of the Middle East and Islamic Studies (MEIS) Funnel webpage on the Committee on Cataloging website: https://mela.us/conc/meis-funnel/

The Funnel enables catalogers, subject librarians, and scholars to submit proposals for additions and changes to Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), Library of Congress Demographic Group Terms (LCDGT), Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms (LCGFT), and Library of Congress Classification (LCC) in the area of Middle East and Islamic Studies. We have provided a guide to help with the proposal creation process. Proposals may be submitted via email to the coordinators or using a Google form. We also accept requests for headings if you are unable to create a proposal.

Anyone with an interest in the Funnel’s mission may join. Members may propose headings and propose, plan, and participate in projects that involve creating or changing a group of related headings. We highly encourage exploration of problematic subjects and underrepresented areas. Members may also be asked to assist with reviewing submissions.

Best,

Denise Soufi (dso...@email.unc.edu)

Iman Dagher (ida...@library.ucla)