Virtual Meeting/Happy Hour

1 view

Timothy Shover

Apr 12, 2020, 10:42:19 AM4/12/20
to middlese...@googlegroups.com
Hey Malters!

I put this on Facebook but think this might be a better avenue to reach everyone. Thoughts about doing a virtual Malters meeting or happy hour? I could host a zoom. Logistically I’m sure we could figure out a relatively safe way to share homebrew. Drop off points/safe distance swaps. Would probably have to be full 12/16oz containers though. I have some cdc approved sanitizer I could spray everyone’s cans and bottles with. I think it could be fun but I also don’t want anyone putting themselves/families at risk... let me know what y’all think???

Cheers!
Timmy

Mark Winters

Apr 12, 2020, 11:06:57 AM4/12/20
to middlese...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

Sounds like a fun idea to me. Looks like the isolation will be in place till some time in May so I don't think we will have a meeting this month as well.

I got some beers coming online in the next weeks that I can pull off and share. I think wiping down bottles is a good idea and no different that grabbing cans from the local brewery.

Let's see if we get enough people. Maybe we could have one person collect and wipe down bottles and people can drive by and pick stuff up from said person?

Side note, we could see about setting it up on a weekend or something and have virtual club brew day as well?

Mark Winters

Shawn Rockwell

Apr 12, 2020, 2:42:12 PM4/12/20
to middlesex-malters
I only have my Belgium Dubbel in bottles at this point but willing to put some bottles in for the share.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Tom Dziekan

Apr 12, 2020, 2:49:16 PM4/12/20
to middlese...@googlegroups.com
I've got some stout, some "wild fermented" cider as well

Jonathan Keen

Apr 12, 2020, 6:03:10 PM4/12/20
to middlese...@googlegroups.com
I have some Nut Juice I can unload.

Jonathan.

Timothy Shover

Apr 12, 2020, 6:17:27 PM4/12/20
to middlese...@googlegroups.com
I have a Baltic Porter and a Vienna Lager w a puff of smoke and I’ll have a Kveik IPA ready by next week

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Mc

Apr 12, 2020, 6:33:57 PM4/12/20
to middlese...@googlegroups.com
I'll have a hefe ready next week.

Paul

Mark Winters

Apr 12, 2020, 8:26:49 PM4/12/20
to middlese...@googlegroups.com
I have a Ginger Saison and should have a Kölsch and hefe if we are planing this more towards the end of the month.

Mark