Local Motion E-Bike Lending Library in Middlebury

Laura Asermily

Jul 4, 2021, 1:38:52 PM7/4/21
to middbikeped

Would an e-bike make your life easier? Find out for free! Local Motion’s E-Bike Lending Library will be in Middlebury from July 6th through the end of October. Borrowers will be able to check out an e-bike from Frog Hollow Bikes for a period of two or three days to find out how these bikes can replace car trips and transform their daily transportation needs.

There are two options: a cargo bike with a rear rack and optional kids seat, great for families with little kids or folks hoping to run errands by bike. There is also a standard commuter-style bike, perfect for employees at the college, Porter Hospital or others looking to try out commuting by bike. Both have an electric assist that helps riders get around with less effort and scale hills that previously seemed impossible.

 “We have a couple goals for this program,” said Erik Remsen of Safe Routes Middlebury. “First, we’d like to see more bikes around town because bikes are an indicator of a vibrant, healthy, and people-centered community. Second, they’re a way to both reduce your carbon footprint and car congestion in town. And third, because we have both an electric cargo bike and electric commuter bike, folks can truly experience biking as a viable form of transportation.”

 E-bikes are a transportation option that are becoming more familiar and necessary, and the goal of this program is to introduce Vermonters to how they can be incorporated into everyday life and replace car trips. From commuting to work to picking up groceries and carrying kids to school, e-bikes provide an extra boost of power that makes miles feel shorter and cargo feel lighter.

 To reserve an e-bike head to: https://www.localmotion.org/middlebury_ebike_satellite

Contact Erik Remsen with any questions at erik....@gmail.com or call 802.349.9063

Local Motion is working to make biking and walking a way of life in Vermont