Kelly Boe Bike Ride THIS Tues May 17, 4 pm

Laura Asermily

May 13, 2022, 12:57:50 PM5/13/22
to middbikeped
Join us in a slow-paced bike ride in honor of those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roads, including Kelly Boe in 2015. Raise awareness that we all share the road and responsibility for keeping it safe.
This is one of many rides occurring in mid-May commemorating the Annual National Ride of Silence.
Those who wish may ride in silence in memory of those killed.

Assemble at the Middlebury Union High School entrance by 3:30 pm. Helmet and waiver of liability signature required. Police and cyclist escorts will guide us on a short loop (about 8 miles) departing MUHS through downtown, out Weybridge Rd to Hamilton Rd and back to town and MUHS by 5 pm.  Cyclists should not cross the center median. The ride will proceed if there is gentle rain, but be cancelled if it's heavy rain, thunder or lightning.

Donations toward improved bike parking and road safety can be made by check payable to Town of Middlebury with "Middlebury Safe Routes" written on memo line. Donations to the Kelly Boe Scholarship can be made by check payable to the "Kelly Boe Memorial Scholarship Fund."   Scholarship Fund."

Hosted by Safe Routes Middlebury with support from ACSD/MUHS, Walk-Bike Council of Addison County, Middlebury Police, Addison County Sheriff, Frog Hollow Bikes staff and especially Kathy Boe.

Safe Routes Middlebury hosts "Walk and Roll to School Day" first Wednesday of month, monitors traffic patterns and student travel behavior, plans activities to teach bike skills and rules of the road, and recommends improvements to roads, parking lots, drop offs, sidewalks, crosswalks, traffic lights, signage, bus routes, bike routes, bike racks, and more. Contact Erik Remsen (erik....@gmail.com) if you wish to report concerns or want to help with efforts.

Walk-Bike Council of Addison County is a county-wide, citizen-led advisory group that meets every 6-8 weeks in Middlebury. The Council seeks to build momentum and capacity for safer walking and biking to our towns and villages. Council members work with state and regional agencies, municipal staff, schools and other interested community partners.  Anyone interested should visit www.walkbikeaddison.org

Please spread the word and post the flyer as you see fit.

Kelly Boe Memorial Bike Ride.pdf

Kathleen Boe

May 13, 2022, 1:26:05 PM5/13/22
to middb...@googlegroups.com

Could you post to Front Porch Forum? I am not sure how to do that with the poster.

Thanks

Kathleen M. Boe, Esq.

Carroll, Boe, Pell & Kite, P.C.

64 Court Street

Middlebury, VT 05753

phone 802 388 6711

fax     802 388 2111

kb...@64court.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain attorney/client privileged and confidential information intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  Any review, use, distribution, copy or disclosure by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the recipient) please contact the sender at 802-388-6711 and delete all copies of this message.  Thank you.

FRAUD ALERT WARNING:  Be advised, if you receive an e-mail appearing to be from our office requesting that you wire or transfer funds, you MUST confirm the request and any corresponding instructions with us via telephone BEFORE you initiate any wire transfer.  Hackers are targeting the e-mail of attorneys and other parties involved with real estate transactions in an attempt to initiate and distribute fraudulent wire requests.  Be sure to confirm that the telephone number you are calling is consistent with previous e-mails you have received from our office.  Always be certain you are speaking with someone from our office when confirming wire instructions.

--
The "Walk-Bike Council of Addison County" is our county-wide bike-ped organization.
Join us for an event, meeting, or just follow along at: