"I'm not a cyclist, I'm just riding a bike."

1 view

erik....@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2021, 4:11:16 PM4/1/21
to Midd Bike-Ped discussion forum
Adding on to Laura's post from February about omafiets, this episode of the Plain Bicycle podcast talks about the utility of the 'granny bike'. The bike comes with all the accessories you need to ride around town in any weather - fenders, chain guard, lights, bell, step through frame, rack for bags (or a passenger). It also allows folks to sit upright instead of hunching over meaning they can see the road better. And, as one of the interviewees says about riding one, "we just bike in our plain clothes... when we go to a party, we wear our party clothes."

Worth a listen.

Erik