Support the Middlebury Bike Pump Track

1 view

erik....@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2023, 9:45:21 AM1/6/23
to Midd Bike-Ped discussion forum
Good Morning Walk and Bike Supporters,

The Middlebury Bike Pump Track Group and the Addison County Bike Club have launched a crowdfunding campaign to build a bike pump track in town this summer. We’re asking for your support to fill in a missing piece of the town’s outdoor recreation infrastructure. The Middlebury Parks and Recreation Department, Addison County Bike Club, and others have wanted to create a pump track in town for a number of years and now we can make it happen.

Pump tracks offer an opportunity and location to develop important mountain bike skills such as cornering, jumping, and positioning on the bike. They are fun and challenge riders of all ages. A bike pump track will attract families, teenagers, and adult bikers, and it will be free for all to use.The pump track will be located just outside the downtown area in Middlebury Rec Park next to the pool, playing fields, and playgrounds.

The coalition aims to raise $6,000 over the next 30 days. Thanks to the Vermont Department of Housing and Community Development’s Better Places grant program, if we are successful, the State of Vermont will contribute $12,000. That's a 2:1 match!

Click here for complete project details and to donate. The Middlebury Bike Pump Track Group thanks you for supporting our effort to build a community recreation space in town.

Best,
Erik Remsen