Midd Bike Swap Thanks

Laura Asermily

May 2, 2021, 9:24:14 AM5/2/21
to middbikeped
The bikes went super fast on Saturday May 1 Green Up Day, even with the dreary starting weather. Tim Clark got a nice front loader cargo bike that he posted on Walk-Bike Council of Addison County FB page. He reports that it rides very nicely. He is thinking that it will be good to use for a family bike camping trip as well as grocery runs. Thanks to Anja and Rad-Innovations of Cornwall, VT for the great deal on this and coming to the swap. Thanks to Frog Hollow Bikes for putting on the swap and donating a great lock for Midd Safe Routes to raffle. It was won by Mike Leyden. Thanks to the volunteers who helped set up the 70+ bikes--about half of which sold in the first hour, especially Nate Burt, David Pistilli, Doug McCain and Jef Bratspis. Thanks to Erik Remsen for making the flyer and Little Pressroom for donating its printing. Thanks to Tim for FB posts alerting of our adjustment from two days to just one day due to Friday rains. Going forward, we will probably stick with just one day on the first Sat in May.

Carl Robinson

May 23, 2021, 1:17:31 PM5/23/21
to middb...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay in checking in about the Bike Swap.  First I would like to also thank everyone for their help!  It was great to once again provide this for the community.

We sold 78 bicycles and raised $1100 for the Middlebury Safe Routes program. We sold a number of bicycles for individuals, who were all grateful to have their bikes sold and some cash for their pockets.

Thanks again and happy cycling.
Carl

--
The "Walk-Bike Council of Addison County" is our county-wide bike-ped organization.
Join us for an event, meeting, or just follow along at: