Corvallis pelicans

Don Boucher

Apr 16, 2021, 3:40:31 PM4/16/21
to mid-vall...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Lisa and I just saw 7 American White Pelicans fly NNE over our NE Corvallis neighborhood. This is our second record in our yard, the first was April 2017.

We have other, more common migrants. Yesterday I saw a Barn Swallow on Garden Ave., east of HWY 20. We have a small flock of at least 3 White-crowned Sparrows visiting our yard yesterday and today. White-crowns breed nearby but don't include our yard as their territory, so it's likely these are on their way north. We've had occasional visits from Chipping Sparrows in our yard this month too.

Don Boucher
NE Corvallis