Willowherb sp? Epilobium ciliatum?

Margaret Stephens

Jul 1, 2024, 12:25:20 AMJul 1
to Mid-Valley Nature
Apologies if this is a duplicate.  I tried posting from the Google group site, but my post does not show up. Maybe photos are too large?

Attaching not very good photos of some kind of willowherb.  I had been pulling it, but maybe it is a native.  Some are nearly 6 feet tall.

Opinions on identification?  Native to the valley or not?  Pull or not?

Margaret Stephens

Jul 1, 2024, 12:25:21 AMJul 1
to Mid-Valley Nature

Attaching not very good photos of some kind of willowherb.  I had been pulling it, but maybe it is a native.  Some are One is nearly 6 feet tall.

Margaret Stephens

Jul 1, 2024, 12:25:21 AMJul 1
to Mid-Valley Nature
Posting here to see if the plants in these not very good photos can be identified.  One is nearly 6 feet tall. There are so many kinds of "willowherb" (epilobium) I now realize.  I had been pulling these out of my native garden, thinking they were non-native, but now see there are some that are native. Remove or no?  Anyone want to venture an opinion ?
   WILLOWHERB & MADIA GLOMERATA 002.JPGWILLOWHERB & MADIA GLOMERATA 003.JPGWILLOWHERB & MADIA GLOMERATA 004.JPG