Wilson's Warbler

Carma Sue Henry

Jul 21, 2024, 7:44:23 PM (6 days ago) Jul 21
to Mid-Valley Nature
I saw my first ever Wilson's Warbler today.  A new one for my life list.  Got a couple of passable photos with my non-phone camera (not set up to post online), so I was able to confirm in Sibley.  I didn't see if it was here for food or just water.

The Steller's Jay family, which was absent during the hotter days, brought in three juveniles today as well.  Their crests are still floppy.

Carma Henry
Logsdon Ridge

Joel Geier

Jul 21, 2024, 7:57:23 PM (6 days ago) Jul 21
to Carma Sue Henry, Mid-Valley Nature
Fun sighting! These are arguably our cutest warblers. It seems like they start to wander out of their nesting habitat in the Coast Range during this part of summer. One of my favorite things about them is their "flutter-gleaning" foraging style, often fluttering downward at the edge of a brushy thicket, like a golden falling leaf.

Joel