Goldfinches

csh...@bywordofmind.com

Apr 8, 2021, 2:31:18 PM4/8/21
to MidValleyNature
Joel,  we saw our first confirmed American Goldfinch about a week ago.  I'd seen a couple that I suspect were Lessers about 10 days ago, but through a window screen in poor light, so I wasn't sure which species it was.  Since then I've managed to get a couple of nice photos of a House Finch, Pine Siskin and AG all on the same black sunflower feeder.  That's a fun trio for size and color comparison. There are still a few PS around, but the population of finches is certainly ramping up.

Carma Henry, Logsdon Ridge.

Don Boucher

Apr 8, 2021, 8:07:42 PM4/8/21
to MidValleyNature
Hi Carma & Joel,

In NE Corvallis, we've fewer American Goldfinches this year but a solid and regular presence all winter and into this spring.

-Don Boucher