Wren tail

Nancy Betty Baumeister

Nov 15, 2021, 12:46:10 PM11/15/21
to Mid-Valley Nature

I had a close and lengthy ringside seat with at least 3 Bewicks wrens singing and scolding at each other for two days or so. That surprised me because I normally see them one or at a time moving actively thru the foliage. These birds set up in the open to sing and shout at each other for hours. I got pictures in good light and bad light.

It was great to hear Bewicks wrens singing without a background of other breeding birds drowning out their song. It was also very still air in the morning and so ambient noise was low.

Someday I’d like to set up to record bird song.

The light is bad in this one (taken against the sky in late afternoon) but look at that tail. They are able to raise it perpendicular to their body which seems unusual in birds.

Nancy (Betty) Bee

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu