Oshen PC13 crosses the Atlantic

13 views
Skip to first unread message

Colin Sauze

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 6:31:17 PMSep 17
to li...@microtransat.org
Dear all,

As some of you have already noticed, Oshen PC13 successfully completed the Microtransat on Sunday, arriving at the Western finish line, having started from near the Canary islands in May. The result is still subject to confirmation by the jury.

This makes them the first Microtransat entry to complete the East to West (Europe to the Americas) route and the first to complete in the autonomous division where no waypoint updates can be sent to the boat. 

Some people might have noticed that PC13 did not appear on our public tracking page until it had reached the finish line. This was done at the request of the team from Oshen. We have been receiving data from PC13 the whole time and this is entirely within the Microtransat rules. They had also agreed that the track data would be released regardless of the outcome of their attempt.

I know Oshen have been working on their boats for a while. Looking back through my old emails I see there was some discussion about them back in 2023 when Robin shared this article from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/29/robot-boats-marine-science-wales-laverack-dowds-oshen. However I don't think anybody from the team is in this group, but I will ask if they are willing to post some more technical details about their crossing here.

Colin




Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages