Error : The Download of the specified resource has failed

Arshad

Feb 28, 2002, 10:20:06 AM2/28/02
I am using XML and XSL extensively on client side. This
error pops up sometimes when I am doing the transformation
on client side. Some of the time it will work fine but
other times it will fail. Although I am downloading all
the xsl files on Page load but still this happenes some
times. Any idea why
Arshad

Rich Doughty

Feb 28, 2002, 11:03:57 AM2/28/02

hmmm,
sounds like the specified resource has failed to dowload.

can you get access to your web logs? one of your stylesheets wont be
downloading properly. are any of them dynamically generated?

Arshad

Feb 28, 2002, 6:27:34 PM2/28/02
As I said earlier I am downloading all the XSL file when
Page loads and the function waits until it gets the
complete file. But this is not explicitly happening at
this time. It happens any where any time some time while I
am doing Client Side Transformation and some time while
aceesing server. We are using Application Centre and our
Web client has a huge XML Data in different Data Islands.

Is it a problem with Cluster or client machine

>.

Rich Doughty

Feb 28, 2002, 8:32:01 PM2/28/02
Arshad wrote:
> As I said earlier I am downloading all the XSL file when
> Page loads and the function waits until it gets the
> complete file. But this is not explicitly happening at
> this time. It happens any where any time some time while I
> am doing Client Side Transformation and some time while
> aceesing server. We are using Application Centre and our
> Web client has a huge XML Data in different Data Islands.
>
> Is it a problem with Cluster or client machine

not sure, but try setting the "async" property of all the DOMs to false.
It might be that the stylesheets just havent finished loading.

Im not sure what the default is, but i have a feeling client is
different from the server.

Karsten Samaschke

Mar 1, 2002, 1:50:29 AM3/1/02
Hallo Rich Doughty,

"Rich Doughty" <ri...@dufty.karoo.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<3C7EDA11...@dufty.karoo.co.uk>...

> not sure, but try setting the "async" property of all the DOMs to false.
> It might be that the stylesheets just havent finished loading.

This should solve the problem.

> Im not sure what the default is, but i have a feeling client is
> different from the server.

In this case: no, it isnt. The default for the ASYNC-property is TRUE
and you will have to change it explicitely.

--
Karsten Samaschke [MUPWAMC]
http://www.aspextra.de/default.asp?r=n - Die ASP-Seite

Arshad

Mar 1, 2002, 12:25:42 PM3/1/02
Can anyone let me know where to find more information on
this error I need to know when exactly this error occurs.
Please if you can guide me to some resource (msdn etc.)