1-800-MY-XBOX

Derick Beckwith

May 1, 2008, 3:47:14 PM5/1/08
I need to speak with someone at xbox support about what i need to do to get
my 360 fixed/replaced. I have the RROD problem. Called the above mentioned
number this morning and all i get is a recording about entering a numeric
message?!!? What's up with that? Anyone know how long it takes to get the
thing back from MSFT when you send it in? My son is dying to get back to
his gaming :)

Thanks

Derick Beckwith

May 1, 2008, 3:51:48 PM5/1/08
Sorry, I did call 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269)

"Derick Beckwith" <derick....@us.bosch.com> wrote in message

Jim

May 2, 2008, 8:43:44 PM5/2/08

1: I think you need to call during normal hours.

2: My experience with the total process.

Well when I called last year:

Jul 06, 2007 09:19 AM
18004699269
00:46:00

(Saved the info in a txt file for future ref :))

Received the empty box on: July 11th, 2007

Microsoft shipped the replacement 7/27/07 on and I received it on 8/1/07

About a month turn around for me from start to finish. Considering the
horror stories I have read - I was happy. They were also kind enough to
give me a 30 day xbl card .... Gee ... the same amount of time I wasn't
able to use my 360 online .... cheap bastards.

Hope that helps,

JiM

Derick Beckwith

May 6, 2008, 4:06:20 PM5/6/08

"Jim" <j...@not.valid> wrote in message news:4zOSj.130$Fv.13@trnddc03...

> 1: I think you need to call during normal hours.
>
> 2: My experience with the total process.
>
> Well when I called last year:
>
> Jul 06, 2007 09:19 AM
> 18004699269
> 00:46:00
>
> (Saved the info in a txt file for future ref :))
>
> Received the empty box on: July 11th, 2007
>
> Microsoft shipped the replacement 7/27/07 on and I received it on 8/1/07
>

> About a month turn around for me from start to finish. Considering the
> horror stories I have read - I was happy. They were also kind enough to
> give me a 30 day xbl card .... Gee ... the same amount of time I wasn't
> able to use my 360 online .... cheap bastards.
>

> Hope that helps,
>
> JiM

Thanks Jim, I called them this morning and they're going to send me out the
empty box so here'e hoping my experience is as successful as yours. Did
they send you the same console back? Not that it really matters since you
keep the HDD but just curious.

Derick

JiM

May 6, 2008, 5:07:37 PM5/6/08

No, different S/N. And hopefully for you the not so new replacement will
have the smaller chipset. (runs less hot)