KG to Lbs converting

Paul Aiello

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99
Does anyone know how to convert kilogram to Lbs (Pounds) in the spreadsheet
because i need it for my weight traning.

Thanks

Larry Osborne

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99

Paul Aiello <P.Ai...@Cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message
In one column, put in the weight in pounds (starting say cell C5). To get
the weight in kilograms (starting say cell D5) use the formula '=C5/2.2'
copy the formula down from D5 and everything that is entered in C is shown
in D as formula adjusts during copy for each row. Put in titles as
necessary for display and information and enter your information. You can
also include information such as your own weight, height, BMI, weight lifted
as a ratio of your weight or anything else that you may feel is important.

Larry Osborne

Paul Aiello

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99

Larry Osborne <lar...@idirect.com> wrote in message

But how do you do it the other way round, like KG to Lbs.

Chris

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99

And Larry Osborne <lar...@idirect.com> replied in message

>> In one column, put in the weight in pounds (starting say cell C5). To get
>> the weight in kilograms (starting say cell D5) use the formula '=C5/2.2'
>> copy the formula down from D5 and everything that is entered in C is shown
>> in D as formula adjusts during copy for each row

[etc]

To which "Paul Aiello" <P.Ai...@Cableinet.co.uk> replied:

>But how do you do it the other way round, like KG to Lbs.

Basic math skills say that you take Larry's formula of:

Lbs/2.2 = KG

and convert it to:

KG x 2.2 = Lbs.

The remainder of the problem then becomes a simple spreadsheet formula
as Larry outlined in the first place, substituting the new formula as
shown above.

Chris

Larry Osborne

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99

> Larry Osborne <lar...@idirect.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Paul Aiello <P.Ai...@Cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone know how to convert kilogram to Lbs (Pounds) in the
> > spreadsheet
> > > because i need it for my weight traning.
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > In one column, put in the weight in pounds (starting say cell C5). To
get
> > the weight in kilograms (starting say cell D5) use the formula
'=C5/2.2'
> > copy the formula down from D5 and everything that is entered in C is
shown
> > in D as formula adjusts during copy for each row. Put in titles as
> > necessary for display and information and enter your information. You
can
> > also include information such as your own weight, height, BMI, weight
> lifted
> > as a ratio of your weight or anything else that you may feel is
important.

> > Larry Osborne
> >

> But how do you do it the other way round, like KG to Lbs.

2.2 pounds equal one kilo.

so going from pounds to kilo's = lb. * 2.2

going from kilos to pounds = kg / 2.2 or alternately pounds = kg * 0.4545

I trust this helps.

Larry Osborne

Larry Osborne

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99

Chris <cr...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> "Paul Aiello" <P.Ai...@Cableinet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know how to convert kilogram to Lbs (Pounds) in the
> >spreadsheet because i need it for my weight traning.
>
> And Larry Osborne <lar...@idirect.com> replied in message
>
> >> In one column, put in the weight in pounds (starting say cell C5). To
get
> >> the weight in kilograms (starting say cell D5) use the formula
'=C5/2.2'
> >> copy the formula down from D5 and everything that is entered in C is
shown
> >> in D as formula adjusts during copy for each row
> [etc]
>
> To which "Paul Aiello" <P.Ai...@Cableinet.co.uk> replied:
>
> >But how do you do it the other way round, like KG to Lbs.
>
> Basic math skills say that you take Larry's formula of:
>
> Lbs/2.2 = KG
>
> and convert it to:
>
> KG x 2.2 = Lbs.
>
> The remainder of the problem then becomes a simple spreadsheet formula
> as Larry outlined in the first place, substituting the new formula as
> shown above.
>
> Chris

Thanks, Chris. It is probably clearer than my own response.

Larry Osborne

Paul Aiello

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99

Larry Osborne <lar...@idirect.com> wrote in message

Thanks for all of your help, i now understand it...

Kevin James - MVP

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
Pardon !

I think that should be the other way around Larry.

lbs = kgs * 2.2 or lbs = kg/0.4545

kgs = lbs /2.2 or kgs = lbs*0.4545

HTH,
--
Kevin James
Tua'r Goleuni

1999 Microsoft MVP - Works

Larry Osborne wrote in message ...

>> But how do you do it the other way round, like KG to Lbs.

Larry Osborne

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
Your right it was backwards. Thanks for correcting.

Larry Osborne

Kevin James - MVP <ke...@a1p1n3kj.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

evan...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2017, 12:23:27 PM10/26/17
On Sunday, November 7, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Paul Aiello wrote:
> Does anyone know how to convert kilogram to Lbs (Pounds) in the spreadsheet
> because i need it for my weight traning.
>
> Thanks

Is there any way to do it within one cell using a formula? For instance
= CONVERT(A42, LBS, KG)

This formula doesn't seem to exist. Is there something similar?

haylee.m...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2018, 9:19:59 AM6/3/18
It is this: =convert(cell,"lbm","kg")
Info here: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6055540?hl=en