Define a style which only modifies particular characteristics?

Dave

Jan 27, 2008, 12:35:37 PM1/27/08
Hello. Is there a way to define a style which only modifies certain
characteristics of the text being formatted? For example, I'd like to
define a style which changes the color of the font, but does nothing
to the size. So far, all of my tinkering modifies both.

Thanks in advance!
-D

sam

Jan 28, 2008, 6:05:28 AM1/28/08
D, if all u want to do is change the style for a particular character
then select the charachter and apply the style.
for example, if u have word ABCD and for "C" you want to apply the
Heading 1 all u need to do is select the complete character"C" and
apply the heading1 style.
I hope this helps u.

Dave

Jan 29, 2008, 9:28:09 AM1/29/08

Thanks for the response. My goal is to be able to define a style
which doesn't change ALL elements of the font. For example, if I
apply the Heading 1 style, it changes the typeface, the color, the
size, etc. Is there a way to define a style, for example, which only
changes the font and color, but not the size?

sam

Feb 4, 2008, 6:51:36 AM2/4/08

D, if u want to change only font or color then u need to apply two
styles.
First if u want to apply style for ex. ABCD then give a heading say h1
to ABCD
Second if u want to change only font and / or color then again u need
to create a new style with the same size of font and new color and
size and apply that style.
on the other hand if u want to apply this particular style to "normal"
then just follow the second step.

Dave

Feb 8, 2008, 10:30:47 AM2/8/08
> then just follow the second step.- Hide quoted text -

OK. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!