Line Numbering--Please help¡¡¡

vil...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2008, 10:55:05 AM1/30/08
Hi¡¡

How can I change line numbering???, I need adds consecutive letters
instead of numbers inside the left margin that number each line of the
text in my document

I´m becoming mad¡¡ :((((((

Thank you very much (and sorry for my english)

reita...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2008, 5:10:39 PM1/31/08
I don't think Word will allow you to change Line Numbering to Line
Lettering, but there are a few options that I can think of that would
let you fake it:

1) If this is a short document (1 page) then you can just add a text
box to the header that runs down the left margin and has the same font
and size as the document - you can pick whatever lettering scheme you
want
2) A macro could do the same header option, but it would be in charge
of the lettering and placement of the text boxes and could do hundreds
of pages in a few seconds

I hope one of those will work for you.

TheScullster

Feb 8, 2008, 9:52:44 AM2/8/08
> How can I change line numbering???, I need adds consecutive letters
> instead of numbers inside the left margin that number each line of the
> text in my document
>
> I´m becoming madĄĄ :((((((

> Thank you very much (and sorry for my english)

Also you could use a table with a very narrow first column for the letter
and a second column for the line text.

Phil