Can't Read Comments

Charles H. Sampson

Jun 23, 2014, 3:33:32 PM6/23/14
I'm using Word 2008 on a G4 Mac running Tiger. For some reason, I
can't easily read the text of comments I create; it is very small. I can
only read it by using a significant zoom; I use 200%. I've looked at the
definitions of the three styles associated with formatting and they
appear reasonable. In particular, the style for comment text is 12 point
something related to the default font. I haven't been able to determine
what the default font is.

Any help?

Charlie
--
Nobody in this country got rich on his own. You built a factory--good.
But you moved your goods on roads we all paid for. You hired workers we

Charles H. Sampson

Jun 26, 2014, 8:33:15 PM6/26/14
Charles H. Sampson <csam...@inetworld.net> wrote:

> I'm using Word 2008 on a G4 Mac running Tiger. For some reason, I
> can't easily read the text of comments I create; it is very small. I can
> only read it by using a significant zoom; I use 200%. I've looked at the
> definitions of the three styles associated with formatting and they
> appear reasonable. In particular, the style for comment text is 12 point
> something related to the default font. I haven't been able to determine
> what the default font is.
>
> Any help?

Additional information. I took the file to my 1-year old 15"
MacBook Pro and opened it with Word 2008 there. The comments were
readable, but just barely. They were very small. So part of the problem
is apparently screen granularity.

I also tried change for style for Comment Text there, setting the
size to 24. The screen flickered, indicating that Word was doing
something, but no change was obvious.

Charles H. Sampson

Jun 26, 2014, 8:39:26 PM6/26/14
Michael Vilain <vil...@NOspamcop.net> wrote:

> In article <1lnp15l.nmt51i17rzdsrN%csam...@inetworld.net>,
> csam...@inetworld.net (Charles H. Sampson) wrote:
>
> > I'm using Word 2008 on a G4 Mac running Tiger. For some reason, I
> > can't easily read the text of comments I create; it is very small. I can
> > only read it by using a significant zoom; I use 200%. I've looked at the
> > definitions of the three styles associated with formatting and they
> > appear reasonable. In particular, the style for comment text is 12 point
> > something related to the default font. I haven't been able to determine
> > what the default font is.
> >
> > Any help?
>
> Try posting this in the Microsoft Word for Macintosh Forum. I think
> when you create an empty document and the font for the "normal" style is
> what's considered the default, but I could be wrong. Ask your question
> there. You're running an older version of MS Word for Mac on an older
> machine.

Thanks. Wow, how many newsgroups are available for MS Word? I
already cross-posted to three. How is the name of this newsgroup
punctuated/spelled?