Simple counter in Word

mrgou

Feb 14, 2008, 3:54:23 AM2/14/08

I'd like to know if there's any way to have a simple numerical counter
in Word (for those who know LaTeX, I'm looking for an equivalent of
\newcounter). I'm just looking for a field that's incremented every
time an instance is inserted, but independent of any paragraph
numbering. Ideally, I'd like to be able to maintain as many
independent counter threads as I need.

The AutoNum field doesn't work because I can't format is as a simple
number (it's always followed by a period) and it's dependent on
paragraph numbering.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Raph