Fixed width text box in Word 2007

Jamie

Oct 14, 2011, 10:56:20 PM10/14/11
to ledw...@gmail.com
I would like to create a fill-able form with fixed width text boxes.
I've done a lot of reading and many people suggest using a table.
Inserting 1 cell tables doesn't seem to make since inside of a
paragraph. Besides it seems hard to control exactly where they are
positioned.

Here is an example of a form. I would like the "blanks" to stay the
same size and the text next to them not move. This will allow the form
to be filled out on a computer or printed and filled out by hand.

THIS LEASE AGREEMENT (hereinafter referred to as the “Rental
Agreement”) made and entered into this ________ day of
__________________, 2011, by and between ___________________
(hereinafter referred to as “Landlord”) and
(hereinafter referred to as “Tenant”).
RECITALS
A. Landlord is the owner or Agent of owner of certain real property
being, lying and situated in ______________ County, ____________, such
real property having a street address of
____________________________________ (hereinafter referred to as the
“Premises”).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Carol

May 6, 2015, 11:39:04 AM5/6/15
I would spend the money and get a program called Data Prompter. It was created by an MS Word MVP and it is wonderful and very easy to use. When you have a document with boilerplace language such as yours, using this software a small dialog box will pop up, you fill in the variable information and click ok and bingo - your entire document is finished and ready to go in less than five minutes usually. No, I have nothing to do with the software and I receive no money for recommending it. I simply use it and love how it saves me time and key strokes. I hope this has been helpful to you. If you do not want to do this then I would use macro buttons to fill in the variables.