Setting Paper Type for printer

Brenda

Apr 27, 2010, 8:25:01 AM4/27/10

I have a template which I have already vba coded to print to the manual tray.
Macro is working great. The only thing I'm missing is to set the paper type
to Cardstock. I'm lost. Can't come up with the proper code. Anyone help?

With ActiveDocument.PageSetup
'Get the current settings
OriginalFirstPageSetting = .FirstPageTray
OriginalOtherPagesSetting = .OtherPagesTray

'Then set the trays the way you want them
.FirstPageTray = wdPrinterManualFeed
.OtherPagesTray = wdPrinterUpperBin

'Print
ActiveDocument.PrintOut

'Return to original settings
.FirstPageTray = OriginalFirstPageSetting
.OtherPagesTray = OriginalOtherPagesSetting
End With

Tks in advance . . .
Brenda

jim

Apr 27, 2010, 1:29:16 PM4/27/10

Brenda

I do not believe vba has a way to differentiate between different
types of paper. Different sizes,yes; but not thichnesses.

Does it really matter? Will your printer handle cardstock through the
manual feed any differently than it will handle 20 lb. bond paper?

Once you select manual feed the printer will print on whatever
thickness of paper you have inserted in the manual feed.

don't wear yourself out over this one.

jose