Table Background Turns Blue

customshopkv1

Apr 8, 2008, 5:54:03 PM4/8/08
All of a sudden all my tables in a document will turn blue in the background
and I have to scrap the document. What gives?

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Apr 9, 2008, 9:41:20 PM4/9/08
What version of Word are you using and what are the steps you're following when this occurs.

==========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

LynneC

Apr 10, 2008, 6:08:03 PM4/10/08
I am seeing my text turn blue as I type in a table in Word 2007. It darkens
to very dark blue so you cannot see what you're typing! Does not make sense.
Is there a way to change this?
Thank you
-LynneC

Gorilla

Apr 23, 2008, 11:19:01 PM4/23/08
We are having this issue too. We have seen numerous posts on the Internet of
others with the same issue but no fix. We've tried using a new normal.dot
template in case our original one is fault (along with a range of other
attempted fixes) - however nothing solves this problem.

Is this a bug in Microsoft Word 2007?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Apr 23, 2008, 11:54:43 PM4/23/08
This problem appears to be caused by the display driver, especially when
running under Vista. Check the website of the manufacturer of your display
card for updated drivers.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gorilla" <Gor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gorilla

Apr 24, 2008, 1:25:01 AM4/24/08
Thanks for your suggestion, however this issue appears both via Remote
Desktop and on the local PC's screen which would indicate it's not driver
related. Also, the PC having the fault runs Windows XP rather than Vista (and
it has a signed driver, and is patched right up to date).

Also, if we have open the document on completly computers we can replicate
the issue (on either XP or Vista). The issue occurs on the other computer
just for that file however, and not for new documents (unlike on the PC with
the issue where I understand it happens with any file).

How can we escalate this issue to get this bug fixed. How do we work around
it in the meantime?

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Apr 25, 2008, 9:34:02 PM4/25/08
Hi Gorilla,

What are the steps to replicate it?

If it happens only in specific documents can you provide a link to a problem document and or screen shots?

============
<<"Gorilla" <Gor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2763972-6A9E-4E13...@microsoft.com...

Thanks for your suggestion, however this issue appears both via Remote
Desktop and on the local PC's screen which would indicate it's not driver
related. Also, the PC having the fault runs Windows XP rather than Vista (and
it has a signed driver, and is patched right up to date).

Also, if we have open the document on completly computers we can replicate
the issue (on either XP or Vista). The issue occurs on the other computer
just for that file however, and not for new documents (unlike on the PC with
the issue where I understand it happens with any file).

How can we escalate this issue to get this bug fixed. How do we work around
it in the meantime? >>

mdmil...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2008, 1:12:48 PM4/29/08
The problems appears to be a bug that automatically updated the
paragraph style for the table text to have a shading of blue. The
shade applies to the paragraph style not the table style. I was able
to fix my situation where I had white text on a blue background in
Word 2003. Here are the steps I followed.

1) Menu select: Format > Styles and Formatting

This should bring up the list of Styles and Formats in use.

2) Select your table text.

You should see the style in effect in the Styles and Formats window at
the top. The text at the top should have the same formatting as what
you selected, in my case it had a blue background.

3) Right mouse click the Style at the top of the Styles and Formats
window and select Modify Style from the menu.

4) In the Modify Style dialog screen click the Format button down at
the lower left corner.

5) Select Border from the drop down menu.

Borders and Shading dialog appears.

6) Select the Shading tab and clear the shading in effect.

7) Click OK > OK

And you should see removal of shading applied to all text using that
style. In my case much of whats in my tables.

Hope this helps.

On Apr 24, 1:25 am, Gorilla <Gori...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion, however this issue appears both via Remote
> Desktop and on the local PC's screen which would indicate it's not driver
> related. Also, the PC having the fault runs Windows XP rather than Vista (and
> it has a signed driver, and is patched right up to date).
>
> Also, if we have open the document on completly computers we can replicate
> the issue (on either XP or Vista). The issue occurs on the other computer
> just for that file however, and not for new documents (unlike on the PC with
> the issue where I understand it happens with any file).
>
> How can we escalate this issue to get this bug fixed. How do we work around
> it in the meantime?
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
> > This problem appears to be caused by the display driver, especially when
> > running under Vista. Check the website of the manufacturer of your display
> > card for updated drivers.
>
> > --
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> > services on a paid consulting basis.
>
> > Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>

> > "Gorilla" <Gori...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > We are having this issue too. We have seen numerous posts on the Internet
> > > of
> > > others with the same issue but no fix. We've tried using a new normal.dot
> > > template in case our original one is fault (along with a range of other
> > > attempted fixes) - however nothing solves this problem.
>
> > > Is this a bug in Microsoft Word 2007?

mdmil...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2008, 3:16:24 PM4/29/08
Follow Up:

So, the problem came back, and my last solution was only a temporary
one, because the Document Map style is persistent, and according to
word it is not in use anywhere in the document. This style is
apparently used by the Document Map feature in Word to format the text
in the map. Somehow it got applied to my document and polluted it. I
did find a better way to get rid of it. I saved the document as a
Word 2007 docx file. This removed the style. I have Word 2003, so
hopefully switching between the two 2003 doc and docx will help me
manage this problem.

Hope this helps.

wendy_s...@optusnet.com.au

May 18, 2008, 6:32:31 PM5/18/08
Do we have a fix for this? Otherwise I am going to have to go back to
WORD 2000.

Renee

Jun 13, 2008, 2:04:02 PM6/13/08
HI there. Have you had any luck in rectifying this problem? I've got the
same issue. thanks!
--
Renee

jo...@boxharry.com

Jan 27, 2014, 5:53:02 AM1/27/14
On Tuesday, 8 April 2008 22:54:03 UTC+1, customshopkv1 wrote:
> All of a sudden all my tables in a document will turn blue in the background
> and I have to scrap the document. What gives?

I know this is a few years later, but I have just had a similar issue. I was copying tables from one part of a single document to another part and when I pasted the tables, the background went blue. I searched and none of the suggestions worked. I just happened to be in "Track changes" mode and right-clicked on the text in one of the tables. I accepted the change and the blue background DISAPPEARED! WOOT!

gcow...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2014, 8:13:24 PM3/11/14
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I've been dealing with that stupid problem for the longest time, but your post got me where I needed to go. Under "change tracking options" there was actually a section for "table cell highlighting" and it was set to light blue. I turned it white and voila!

casi...@cvfirm.com

Aug 7, 2014, 1:50:16 PM8/7/14
El martes, 8 de abril de 2008 15:54:03 UTC-6, customshopkv1 escribió:
> All of a sudden all my tables in a document will turn blue in the background
> and I have to scrap the document. What gives?

I had the same problem when I inserted a table. But it was solved when I deactived the chances control in the review Menu (MS Word 2007). May be this will help you.
Casimiro Vargas

kite...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2015, 7:32:25 PM10/3/15
You have saved my sanity. Thank you!!

jessyc...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 9:16:35 AM9/9/16
OMAGOSH THANK YOU!!!!

jeromet...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 6:19:37 AM10/30/17
Thanks so much, just saved my life and sanity.

bagule...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2019, 7:00:07 AM1/14/19
On Monday, 27 January 2014 10:53:02 UTC, jo...@boxharry.com wrote:
My hero!

klerob...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 8:20:21 AM5/31/19
And now it's another 5.5 years, and your post along with gcow's just below saaaaavvvveeeed meeeee!!!! Thank you !!!!!!

klerob...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 8:22:25 AM5/31/19
Just posted to jo...@boxharry.com the short note just below this, but the "thank you" is justas much for you for adding the key bit about track changes options. Brilliant!!!

And now it's another 5.5 years, and your post along with gcow's just below saaaaavvvveeeed meeeee!!!! Thank you !!!!!!

ped...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2020, 2:12:09 PM3/27/20
Same here. Pathetic bug. What google docs dev team did in the last 10 years?

sajivan....@gmail.com

May 23, 2020, 2:04:04 PM5/23/20
On Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 3:24:03 AM UTC+5:30, customshopkv1 wrote:
> All of a sudden all my tables in a document will turn blue in the background
> and I have to scrap the document. What gives?

I am seeing my text turn blue as I type in a table in Word 2007.  It darkens
to very dark blue so you cannot see what you're typing!  Does not make sense.
Message has been deleted