How do I angle the header row in a Word table.

Ron

Dec 23, 2008, 9:52:02 AM12/23/08
I am trying to angle the header row at say 45 degrees with the text alignment
going from bottom to top for easier reading. I only need thin columns but
have large headers, so this will save room and make viewing the document
easier.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Dec 23, 2008, 11:20:50 AM12/23/08
You cannot angle headings in Word (this is possible in Excel), but you can
rotate the text 90 degrees using the Text Direction command.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ron" <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Rae Drysdale

Dec 23, 2008, 11:40:16 AM12/23/08
You can rotate 90 degrees and have text running from top to bottom or bottom
to top using the table toolbar in Word 2002/3. It's a letter A with some
lines beside it. When in the cell you want to change, click and it will
rotate, and click again to change direction and a third time to bring back to
original layout. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

Lynn Seaton

Jun 27, 2021, 8:36:22 PM6/27/21
This sucks! I know I have been able to angle/slant header rows and right or left columns in past versions of Word. Why do updates do away with features? The Text Art used to have more options and was better in the past as well.