Can you Print the wavy lines generated by Spell check

mun...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2006, 12:04:44 PM11/24/06
Using Word 2003

I need to know how it is possible to print (output) the wavy green and
red lines that appear in a document that are generated from spell and
grammar checking.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Nov 26, 2006, 1:25:32 PM11/26/06
The following macro will underline them with a red wavy underline that will
print:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .SpellingErrors.Count
With .SpellingErrors(i).Font
.Underline = wdUnderlineWavy
.UnderlineColor = wdColorRed
End With
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

<mun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

aalaan

Nov 26, 2006, 2:37:41 PM11/26/06
Doug
Haven't you got the For and With loops interleaved instead of nested?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message

aalaan

Nov 26, 2006, 2:45:28 PM11/26/06
Oh, I see there are two With loops. Just tried the code and it works. I
suppose coding it to be black would be easy enough (to show up better on
black and white printers)

"aalaan" <aal...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

SSEH...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2006, 2:20:24 PM12/7/06
Okay - I may not know about "macros" or coding as "Dim i As Long...etc"
I may need some guidance as foolproof procedures. I assumed the macro
code was to be pulled from Tools/Macro/Microsoft Script Editor...and
insert the codes in where?

I realized, when I am reviewing documents (pages by pages) and prefer
to work offline on paper to correct, review.
I have word 2003 on Windows XP and want to simply outprint the green
and red wavy lines on my color printer to show the errors on purpose.

Is there a way where I can "check" a box in options or tools
preference? Any help would be great.

Sorry for sounding so incompetent here. Thanks for your help given.

Emmett

aalaan

Dec 7, 2006, 2:38:06 PM12/7/06
This has recently been addressed on this or a similar newsgroup, but I can't
find it now. There's definitely a way to do this and I hope the original
solution-provider will reply again. Or you could search Google Groups for
'wavy lines'.

<SSEH...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Dec 7, 2006, 11:44:51 PM12/7/06
There is no checkbox that will do that. You will either have to use the
macro that I provided or use a screen capture program such as Snagit
(www.techsmith.com) that can output directly to a printer or .pdf file.

If you do not know what to do with the code that I provided, see the article
"What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me
out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm