WDODBC.DLL -- Are there any real cracks in the usenet

Klaus Kilper

Jan 21, 2001, 1:17:55 PM1/21/01
Hi folks,

I need your help. A few yours ago I wrote some wordbasic-programs to get a
single adress out off our MSAccess-Database. I used ODBC and SQL.

Most important: I found in those days a file called WDODBC.DLL which
included all the
necessary functions like

SQLOpen(), SQLRetrieveItem() , SQLRetrieveRows() .

One week ago I updated to Winword97 (Yes, you are right, we are a little
late ;-) ). Now I know: never touch a running system :-(

The "new" Winword does not like the old DLL. I get error-messages like:

> Rem Der Rückgabewert der externen Funktion ist eine mit Null terminierte
Zeichenkette.
> Rem Visual Basic für Applikationen verlangt, daß externe Fuktionen
BSTR-Zeichenketten enthalten.
> Rem Die Anweisung wurde auskommentiert, weil die Funktion nicht korrekt
arbeitet.
> Rem Private Declare Function SQLErrorClass$ Lib "WBODBC.WLL"(ByVal
error_num As Integer)

Does anybody know how to find a newer version of this helpful library?

P.S. I think the old one was also distributed within the MS Winword
Developer Kit. Is there anybody out there, who knows if this is true.

P.P.S. Please excuse my bad english..

Greetings
Klaus (from germany)