Re: My word document ruler doesn't start from the edge of the page

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Mar 27, 2006, 4:10:34 PM3/27/06
What version of Word? Are you tracking changes?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jo Ansell" <Jo Ans...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have a word document and the ruler starts about 2 cms into the document
and
> then it also adds a margin, and so i have too much white space on the
right
> hand side of the page. Does anyone know how to reset the ruler to get the
> margin to start from the edge of the page rather than a couple of
centimetres
> in?

Rae Drysdale

Mar 28, 2006, 8:29:01 AM3/28/06
Are you viewing the document in Print Layout (View|Print Layout), and have
usually viewed in Normal view (View|Normal)
--
Rae Drysdale

DonD

Jun 14, 2006, 10:32:03 AM6/14/06
I'm having the same prob. The ruler is shorter than the paper. I have a huge
r-margin in the print view (blank). The ruler is normal scale, but the paper
is way large. Looks like the paper and the ruler are out of sync. The track
changes had been used by the previous author. Funny how much "stuff" this guy
created. I have to revise his "stuff" daily, there's always something new.
You don't know how tricky Word is until you revise an amateurs work (actually
uses spaces instead of setting tabs). I'm sure this is another Microsoft
glitch. Funny how I used Word Perfect in the late '90 and never had any
problems and could even make the boarders on the top row of a table larger
than rest of the table. It tool Word years to allow you to split cells. Even
today Word tables are totally unreliable. You do a little cutting and pasting
and before you know it the formatting of you table is garbage, and there’s no
fix.

I'm having the same prob. The ruler is shorter than the paper. I have a
huge r-margin in the print view (blank). The ruler is normal scale, but the
paper is way large. Looks like the paper and the ruler are out of sync. The
track changes had been used by the previous author. Funny how much "stuff"
this guy created. I have to revise his "stuff" daily, there's always
something new. You don't know how tricky Word is until you revise an amateurs
work (actually uses spaces instead of setting tabs). I'm sure this is another
Microsoft glitch. Funny how I used Word Perfect in the late '90 and never had
any problems and could even make the boarders on the top row of a table
larger than rest of the table. It tool Word years to allow you to split
cells. Even today Word tables are totally unreliable.

DonD

Jun 14, 2006, 10:57:02 AM6/14/06
The track changes is on.

Go to tools, track changes (opens toolbar) accept all. The paper will snap
back to normal.