Header on FIRST PAGE ONLY

Bill Stanton

Feb 17, 2012, 9:02:56 AM2/17/12
I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill

Stefan Blom

Feb 17, 2012, 10:28:54 AM2/17/12
Do the following: Double-click to activate the header. Cut the content.
Display the Page Setup dialog box, and select "Different first page"; you
now have a separate first page header. Paste the content into the first page
header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill Stanton" wrote in message

Bill Stanton

Feb 17, 2012, 1:49:29 PM2/17/12
Thanks Stefan, that worked fine.
Sure couldn't find any help via WORD's
HELP.
Bill

Stefan Blom

Feb 17, 2012, 2:14:26 PM2/17/12
I'm glad I could help!

There are actually some fairly good articles from Microsoft, but *finding*
them in Word Help is a huge problem, unfortunately. Sometimes it's easier to
locate topics at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill Stanton" wrote in message
Message has been deleted

mu...@ledyard.net

Aug 18, 2016, 10:31:09 AM8/18/16
This works great in Google Docs also!

--
This is a staff email account managed by Ledyard School District. This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended

skind...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 11:35:55 AM9/9/16
Thank you for this! It's a bit different than in a word document but this worked like a charm.

jm23...@misdmail.net

Oct 18, 2017, 9:07:58 PM10/18/17
Hi I'm in 8th Grade and I don't understand it. Can you explain it in dummy version please, cause' that would be SOOOO helpful. I have to turn this in REEEALLY soon so reply ASAP. Thx0.o